Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Old Sarum

Please post movements and activity at any other location not specified above which handles military movements within the United Kingdom.
Mustang531

Old Sarum

Post by Mustang531 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:39 am

I visited the Boscombe Down Aviation Collection at Old Sarum yesterday (20 February 2022), my first visit for a few years. It was windy but they were open. Contrary to reports, the Basset hasn't arrived yet and the volunteers I spoke to weren't certain when it would turn up. The P.1A WG763 and Avro 707A have been reassembled, the latter still waiting for a few small parts to be fitted. Sycamore WA577 is undergoing heavy restoration, but otherwise plenty to go and look at. There's a few light aircraft living in one hangar, but I was told that Auster NJ633/(G-AKXP) and Tiger Moth G-ANNG (the former DE524) have been sold and will be departing in the near future. But as they are both out of current CofA, they will be roaded out, no idea where to though. Another attraction on the airfield next to the museum, is a brewery which has a taproom, so if you get your timing right, you could have a swift one too!

Tiger 1

Re: Old Sarum

Post by Tiger 1 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:30 pm

Hi Mustang51

I have been considering a revisit here for sometime now and your post as been very helpful as it brings things upto date.

Very much appreciated :thumb:

T1

Kirkham Spotter

Post by Kirkham Spotter » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:45 pm

I made a brief visit on the 13th March and the Basset XS743 is now in the Museum. They apparently had problems removing the wings for transporting it.

Old 62

Post by Old 62 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:28 am

Anyone wanting to visit the bdac at Old Sarum, there is a model show on the 21st August and it is an excellent museum. :thumbs:

Return to “All other areas around the UK”