Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

MAIW in FSX

For all the addons relating to FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
Aircraft, Scenery, Utilities.... put them here
FERG

MAIW in FSX

Post by FERG » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi

I have just tried converting the MAIW Pensacola Texans package to FSX using the AIFP software.

When I execute the "convert" instruction I get the confirmation of conversion to FSX but there is a warning message that states that "various airfields (ie 1LFI, 2LFI) are missing from the decompiled list of airports".

Please can anyone explain what this means and what I need to do to correct it.

No AI aircraft are showing in FSX for Pensacola.

many thanks

Ferg

davem

Re: MAIW in FSX

Post by davem » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Ferg,

When I do these conversions, I don't tend to worry about these "airfields" as they are usually waypoints for local flights.

If you're not getting any AI showing, a couple of checks above and beyond making sure the models etc are in the right place...

i) Make sure the original FS9 traffic file is NOT inside your FSX traffic directory - this will kill ALL FSX AI. When converting these files I usually choose the 'append with FSX' option on the conversion screen - this helps separate any non-FSX MAIW files that should not be there and could be causing problems.

ii) Make sure your sliders are high enough for them to show.

FERG

Post by FERG » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Dave

i assume then that the convesrions is successful despite the error message ?

is there a reliable way to double check I have no FS9 traffic files ?

This is a new PC and has only ever had FSX loaded and these MIAW files are my only attepmto add AI trafiic so far?

davem

Post by davem » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi Ferg,
FERG wrote:i assume then that the convesrions is successful despite the error message ?
I tend to assume so... :P
FERG wrote:is there a reliable way to double check I have no FS9 traffic files ?
No reliable way, apart from when using AIFP, to use the 'append with FSX suffix' option to tag the new converted traffic files with 'FSX' at the end of their name - then anything without that suffix should be deleted.
FERG wrote:This is a new PC and has only ever had FSX loaded and these MIAW files are my only attepmto add AI trafiic so far?
May be worth just running the coverter on the entire ..fsx\scenery\world\scenery folder with above 'append' setting and anything from MAIW which does not end up getting called Traffic_MAIW_xxxxxxx_FSX.bgl should be deleted.

Dave.

FERG

Post by FERG » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks for the advice - will check everything as per your notes and see what happens!!

Cheers

Ferg

Return to “FS2004 and FSX Addon Updates”