Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

World of AI - problem

For all your questions and answers regarding FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
If you have problems, post them here....
DanBeeden

World of AI - problem

Post by DanBeeden » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 am

Morning all,

We inherited a second hand desktop last night from one of the parents at my ATC squadron for us to use for flight simulator training. Having installed FS9 and a few scenery add-on packages, some Carenado aircraft and cranked everything up to max to see if it ran ok (thankfully it runs very nicely indeed), I then tried to install the WoAI installer. I have installed this on quite a few PCs over the years and never seen what happened last night. When you try to run the installer it just says something like 'World of AI installer has encountered a problem and needs to close'. That's as far as I have got. My thoughts are:

1) That the problem is not related to having the right version of a programme called something like 'MS Framework 2.0' (I think!) which I have seen before on other machines. Where this is the case the Installer knows this programme is missing and tells you to get it from MS and install it.
2) Can I take the component parts that make up each WoAI package from one of the other machines and put these in the right directories to make the packages work? i.e. Aircraft, .bgl traffic file and sounds (callsigns) being placed into the appropriate directory. Will this work?

I don't have any more specific details on the fault to hand, but based on the above, can anyone offer any suggestions as to what the problem may be and how we could fix it? I appreciate it's a tad vague.
Many thanks,

Dan

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: World of AI - problem

Post by garyscott » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Try the 4.0 framework, its probably that the donor machine has a old version.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=17718

(Double check that the DL is appropriate for the machine in question, look around for the correct one if not)
That "should" sort it.

Return to “Flight Simulator Technical Board”