Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FSX Traffic

For all your questions and answers regarding FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
If you have problems, post them here....
Blackcat1

FSX Traffic

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi all

I recently converted from FS9 to FSX, there doesnt seem to be any aircraft at airports such as Heathrow, JFK, but there is at LAX and Miami! is this normal for FSX is there only certain airports with air traffic? also is MAIW compatible with FSX, i have installed Marham and Lakenheath but there is only ground traffic and nothing flies.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

shaggy101

Re: FSX Traffic

Post by shaggy101 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:14 pm

That's perfectly normal for default FSX I'm afraid. You'll need to add your traffic to increase the numbers in Europe. It'll take some time but it looks good. Most of the packages I use are on Avsim, WOAI ones are great.

As for MAIW packages, they do work in X but they need to be converted. Don't worry it's not that hard. Trees & some objects won't work though, due to FSX using a different alpha setting. If you go onto the MAIW forums you'll probably find 99% of the answers to your questions. Also if you have FS9 traffic files in 'fsx they won't work & it'll wipe all the other traffic in the area as well. AIFP (search avsim) is the best tool to convert these plans, it will also search for rogue fs9 files as well.

Hope this helps,
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography

Blackcat1

Re: FSX Traffic

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Ah ok , ill try that thanks very much Dan.

Cheers
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Return to “Flight Simulator Technical Board”