Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Flight refuelling from Just Flite's Tornado.

If you want to chat about anything to do with Flight simulation in all formats and categories, please post here
jem60

Flight refuelling from Just Flite's Tornado.

Post by jem60 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Gary, going back a bit, I remember you giving some advice on how to see the tanker on this[ Just Flite's Tornado in conjunction with Lago] when it doesn't appear as it should. I have it on mine and it's fine. but it does not appear on my friend's sim, even though he gets the headings etc., it does not appear. Would you mind repeating this for me. Many thanks in advance. John.

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: Flight refuelling from Just Flite's Tornado.

Post by garyscott » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi John, been a while, lol!
Im going from memory here, as been out of the sim world for well over a year now, but, im assuming your friend has activated the scenery which is the tanker?? If he has the boxed version of RAF Tornado (JustFlight), then the manual on the disc should give details on activating the scenery. Or go through the start menu like this - Start > All Programs > Just Flight > [PRODUCT NAME] > [Manual.pdf].

Just installing the RAF Tornado, whilst it does put everything where its supposed to be, only the aircraft are available straight away with no other input needed. However the scenery (the tankers, both VC-10 & KC-10) require the relevant scenery to be activated (within FS) as you would any other addon scenery.
http://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/ ... in-fs2004/

Hope this makes sense fella. :)

Any probs, let me know and ill shake the sawdust out my head! :P

Also, as a pointer, whenever the tanker is requested, it will always start around 20 miles from you to the EAST of you, at 15000ft and about 315kts, Flies a racetrack so as it starts east of you, it will be heading west. So when you call it up, make sure you are heading east, and then you should get the "Judy" call within about 90 seconds, meaning you are within 5 miles, so start a look out as thats usually when it decides to turn back east across your nose. . . . Usually!

jem60

Re: Flight refuelling from Just Flite's Tornado.

Post by jem60 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:33 am

Hi, Gary. Many thanks for that. Yes, been a while. I think I am going to go back to work shortly. At least I had a day off then!!!!!!! Herself giving me too much to do. This retirement lark has made me very busy for the last 12 years!!!. The query was on behalf of a friend. Mine works fine, although I generally am an airliner man these days. Once again, many thanks. Kind regards.John.

Return to “Flight Simulation General Chat”