Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Maybe free - For sale: slide collection (SOLD)

Got anything to sell? Want certain things to add to your inventory? - Advertise here....
KeBul

Maybe free - For sale: slide collection (SOLD)

Post by KeBul » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:27 pm

To perhaps to save these from the local refuse tip... Just throwing this out there in case there are any interested parties.

A good friend and aviation enthusiast sadly passed away recently. He had a collection of slides taken from around 1981 to 2013. They will be comprised of visits to UK airshows and bases during that period, we think around 10,000 of them, earlier stuff on mixed transparency films, from around 1985 onwards probably Kodachrome.
Some are in slide magazines a lot just in Kodachrome yellow boxes, I believe most of those in magazines are also logged and we have a digital copy of that log.

He was decent photographer, so there are some good quality images in the collection, I have a small tribute to him on my website showing some of his digital images he shared with me in recent years https://kevbullock.co.uk/Aircraft/Keefo ... index.html

We had someone interested in buying them, but they've been slow to respond and difficult to contact and my friends widow has lost patience, she wants rid of them and is now saying if we've not found anyone by Monday they are going in the trash.

There are four of us who did this hobby together and of course each the remaining three have our own large collection of slides so have no interest in taking over his collection but it seems something of a waste to see them just binned.

Anyone out there interested in taking them?

I guess under the threat of them being binned it would be cheeky to ask money for them, but any donation to his widow would be appreciated.
Postage is also an issue, this a quite a large and heavy collection, so difficult to post economically, but if there is someone interested then we can at least open discussions on a way forward on that aspect. Location is North West Kent/South East London or Southend in Essex, but I travel to Lakenheath regularly and also Fairford (well Swindon actually).

If there is any interest let me know asap or at least before Monday so I can arrange a stay of execution with his widow.

Cheers

Kev
Last edited by KeBul on Sat May 07, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andygolfer

Re: Maybe free - For sale: slide collection

Post by andygolfer » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:42 am

Hi Kev, I've sent you an e-mail via FC re a colleague who is interested and can collect from southend (we are both in west Essex)
Andy
admin on the sister forum, http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk
but being old and grey I like a bit of the military stuff too !

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group:

kieron

Post by kieron » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:11 am

Hi Kevin
I have sent you an email last night via FC, await to hear from you
Regards

KeBul

Post by KeBul » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:18 am

Updated - sorry getting responses by various methods, so edited to reflect that.

Thanks Kieron and Andy, I've got your emails.

Just to keep everyone informed I've had five interested responses, so will be talking further with those five in the order I received the response.

Any further enquiries will be added to that queue.

Cheers

Kev

KeBul

Re: Maybe free - For sale: slide collection (SOLD)

Post by KeBul » Sat May 07, 2022 8:45 pm

Just to close this one, Met up with Kieron this evening and he has taken the entire collection.

Many thanks to all those who expressed an interest, it has been much appreciated that preserving the collection was foremost on people's minds.

Cheers

Kev

Ian in Leeds

Re: Maybe free - For sale: slide collection (SOLD)

Post by Ian in Leeds » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Hi Kev

Sorry to read the sad news and pleased you found a home for them and it’s fair to say having looked at Keith photographs he was a great photographer and their are some absolute stunners in his collection.

Regards

Ian

Return to “For Sale and Wanted”