Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Dawn at Ipswich.

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
gary1701

Dawn at Ipswich.

Post by gary1701 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:36 am

Gents,

I've made the first steps into drone photography, having purchased a DJI Mini 2 a couple of weeks ago. Up until yesterday I hadn't tried anything ambitious, but decided to have a go at the Orwell bridge and river at Ipswich. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the bridge as normally I have to drive over it every day to and from work. Suffolk drivers seem to have a built in ability to crash either on the bridge or it's approaches and I spend hours every year stuck on it in jams. So it was nice to not have to go over it and photograph/film from the river bank. On some pics the port of Felixstowe can be seen down the river too the right.

As I just said on another thread. If you are considering buying a drone but are nervous about doing something wrong and losing it I would say just go for it. The Mini 2 in particular is perfect for a newcomer, relatively cheap and under the 250g requirement which means flying it is free from most of the UK drone laws. The built in safeguards make it incredibly difficult for somebody to lose it unless they are extremely negligent. Study the legal requirements, which in the UK does require registration with the CAA but it's easily done and look at the many YouTube videos offering beginners guides.

Gary
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

paulbrown1665

Re: Dawn at Ipswich.

Post by paulbrown1665 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:40 pm

Nice shots, Gary👍
Pb

Return to “General Photography”