Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ever Alp at Felixstowe.

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
gary1701

Ever Alp at Felixstowe.

Post by gary1701 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:05 pm

Gents,

As week days and aircraft are not really possible at the moment and I've been learning how to operate a drone I popped down to the viewing area at Felixstowe docks on Sunday afternoon for the arrival of the Evergreen Ever Alp, a band new container ship which went into service only last month. Her class (she is the third) are currently the largest container ships in the world. Arrival conceded with sunset and the turn on the docks caught a fantastic red sky, although is seen on the video I also shot. Here's a couple of stills as she comes into Landguard.

The video at Youtube. I was flying at the same time as another guy beside me (it was his footage that briefly appeared on the local news that evening) so it was quite interesting deconflicting the airspace around the ship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9PwrycwKwg

Gary
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

100arw

Re: Ever Alp at Felixstowe.

Post by 100arw » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:54 pm

What make of drone?
P.

gary1701

Post by gary1701 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:24 pm

100arw wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:54 pm
What make of drone?
P.
Hi,

DJI Mini 2. It's probably the most common model amongst private operators as it has serious amateur/ semi pro capabilities at a reasonable price. It also comes in under the 250g mark so as a A1 class drone it avoids the more tougher regulations that apply to heavier equipment.

Gary
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

100arw

Post by 100arw » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:48 am

Thanks for that. I'm a Mavic Air 2 user.
I find it is for sure putting a different perspective on military aircraft memorials etc.
Re shipping. Roll on Joint Warrior :-)
P.

Return to “General Photography”