Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Spadeadam Wed 23rd Nov. RAF Hercules & AAC Apache Longbow

catkins

Spadeadam Wed 23rd Nov. RAF Hercules & AAC Apache Longbow

Post by catkins » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Beautiful winter sunlight and just a gentle breeze meant a trip to Spadeadam was worth a gamble, especially after the delights of stormy weather cancelling or affecting much training over several days before. But an empty morning meant a few worried thoughts of the Spadeadam curse ... ideal photography weather and no aircraft to photograph!
Luckily late morning brought RAF C-130J Hercules ZH877 Ascot 161 for an hour of low level training, mainly in the north east part of the range. There were several undercarriage down, landing zone approaches, with threats then meaning chaff and evasive flying! A couple of great low passes were a highlight although much of the training was some way distant.
As it's slot came to an end, a single AAC Apache Longbow appeared from the South, landed briefly at Berry Hill, before then spending 30 minutes exploring every corner of the range. It then departed South back to RAF Leeming.
Two Apache were then heard and seen in the late afternoon darkness heading over a Hexham for a night Ex.
I've posted a load of photos at viewtopic.php?f=16&t=139761
Regards
Chris
If I'm out I'm Just Swanning Around taking photos!
So give a 'Like' to my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Return to “Spadeadam & SPACES”