Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.32

Maverick231

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.32

Post by Maverick231 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Hey folks!
Do we have any Falcon 4.0 fans/pilots on here?
I've been a Falcon 4.0 Pilot since before I can remember and it all started because of my Dad as a shared interest.
I can remember when I was very young(about 10) going with my Dad(Callsign Pittbull) and his mate Ian(Callsign Spyglass) to Hemel Hempstead to meet Captain Keith Rosenkranz for a presentation on his book Vipers In The Storm and being granted permission to sit in a Falcon at the Waddington Airshow which was really cool!, If I remember right it was a Dutch Falcon.
I started flying F4 on my Dads pc and have always loved it, BMS was finally installed yesterday and I can't believe how much has been improved!
I would go as far as saying it is the perfect Combat Flight Simulater!(for me atleast)
Anyway that's enough about me, Id love to see anyone elses vids and screenshots taken in BMS and perhaps fly missions with others too!
The Harrier Jump Jet - The best there is, The best there was and The best there ever will be!
Model Harriers in the stash = 73 and counting.

Scudpilot

Re: Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.32

Post by Scudpilot » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:06 pm

I've been thinking about trying to install this on my pc at home.
What OS is needed?

I am guessing I will need some sort of emulator to run as XP?
Nikon D7000, Nikon 200-500
http://www.flickr.com/jimpritchard67

Tinker Toy

Post by Tinker Toy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:58 am

Scudpilot wrote:I've been thinking about trying to install this on my pc at home.
What OS is needed?

I am guessing I will need some sort of emulator to run as XP?
It should work perfectly on modern systems, my copy of falcon 4.0 installed onto windows 7 64bit without a hitch! Then you install BMS over the top of that.

BMS making it a lot more pretty, as well as adding a more involved flying experience.

It would be great to get some multiplayer going.

The_Edge

Post by The_Edge » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi Guys,
I loved playing Falcon 4.0 to the extent of buying a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar joystick set!.
Then BMS came along and blew every other flight sim out of the air(pardon the pun).
You could really lose track of time playing it.
I've also read Captain Keith Rosenkranz' book and it's brilliant..I never did get to view the videos though of his missions.

Kind Regards

Gary
At the end of the day..it gets dark and you cant see!!!!

Jules_UK

Post by Jules_UK » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:23 pm

oh yes! back after a 7 year gap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxeFPkKaH5I&t=11s

tim_raper

Post by tim_raper » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:22 am

Did you know DCS now has an implementation of the F16C?
I think the guys involved in the Falcon4 project collaborated, anyway it is a stunning sim all round if realism is what you are looking for.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... les/viper/

Still under development with patches/improvements roughly every couple of weeks.

Return to “Flight Simulator”