Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

International Sanicole Airshow and XTM Joint Jubilee 2021

Post all your European Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
Doughnut

Re: International Sanicole Airshow and XTM Joint Jubilee 2021

Post by Doughnut » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:20 pm

Our small group has been waiting for details and to see if the travel restriction currently in place are going to be relaxed. Sadly I agree with the previous poster that Belgium has the highest Red Risk attached to the UK and the UK Government seems to be doing very little to change the minds of our European neighbours. Even without such a high risk level travel to Belgium seems to be very complicated with locator forms to be filled in before entry and PRC test provided either during or after arrival, totally impractical for a 48 / 72 hour visit, factor in the complexity of travel plans from either France or Holland, and their own travel requirements it becomes a non starter. I wish the Sanicole team good luck with their airshow and hope all goes to plan with a safe and successful event.

Supra

Post by Supra » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:32 am

Have to agree with 'Doughnut', with the ever-changing travel requirements regarding Covid 19 for the UK, France & Belgium there comes a point when one must concede that it's just not worth the dick about! Given the potentially fluid rules for outbound & inbound car travel it only takes one hiccup to trash the timescale of a weekend visit. Shame really, as the reduced XTM & full-on Sanicole Show are still gonna be great. Good Luck to all going, but as of 3 weeks ago I decided 'I won't be investing & I'm out!' :(

Warthog 10

Post by Warthog 10 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:51 am

If there is anybody out there that is able to get to Sanicole and doesn't yet have tickets, I have a 4 day ticket for general entry. Sunset show, Friday, Spotters Day Saturday, ,Sanicole Show Sunday, and Spotters Day Monday. Sadly due COVID I am unable to travel so feel free to make me an offer. The package cost me €75 Euro. Should be a good show!!!

Thor

Post by Thor » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 am

Got home late yesterday evening after 6 days in Belgium. I've got to say that the show and the spotterdays (Monday far more than Saturday) were well worth the small amount of extra effort I had to put in on paperwork & tests. Yes, the tests added a good chunk to the cost (some because I wanted a rapid PCR for my day1/2 in Belgium on Thursday to ensure I had a result before the evening show on the Friday) and Dover-Dunkirk ferry prices have doubled, but that's due to reduced capacity on the boats. Yes there was some additional paperwork to do (though my CdHs for France weren't checked at all) and the UK PLF needs a little bit of thought, but everything went smoothly. Belgian Test & Trace called me early Friday morning to check I had no symptoms, confirmed that my test result had registered against my PLF and that I was not required to quarantine after the point I received my result certificate. That took less time to arrive than my drive from Brussels airport to Hechtel did, so I effectively did my quarantine in my car.

However, even with the additional cost and low-order faff with the paperwork, plus the checks going into the events, it was a fantastic 4 days at the shows and the flying, (most of!) the weather, seeing mates I'd not seen in 2 years and the participating aircraft more than compensated for this. I decided on the Friday before that I was going, but left the final go/no-go until the Wednesday afternoon when I did an NHS LFT at home to check I was clear and then departed home at 2130 that night to catch an early boat out. I only booked the ferry 2 days before I left, so it was all very fluid until I decided to travel. Having done a lot of reading online about the different requirements for entry to France, Belgium & the UK, it took a lot of stress out of the process and meant I was aware of what was needed and prepared for it. A lot of sites are out of date and confusing, but the UK, French and especially the Belgian government sites are accurate and informative.

Overall, that was a really outstandingly good short break and definitely justified the small risks.

Return to “European Airshows”