Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Dutch spotter arrested pre childrens day Thailand

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
Northsky

Dutch spotter arrested pre childrens day Thailand

Post by Northsky » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Understand that a Dutch spotter has been arrested on base at a Thai airfield now all foreigners are banned from going onto bases before the open days

Northsky

Re: Dutch spotter arrested pre childrens day Thailand

Post by Northsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Further to this all foregners were banned from entry on to bases on the Friday and i understand that security has been stepped up.

N sky

Northsky

Post by Northsky » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 am

Further to this all i understand that all photography at Don Muang has now been banned Mil and Civil. And latest news is that the person arrested was RNL A/F you would really think they would know better!!!

Nsky

patrick dirksen

Post by patrick dirksen » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:37 pm

I don't know about the photography ban, if true that's a shame.
But I DO know that no Dutch spotter was arrested! Please stop spreading rumours. I know the person involved, and there was no arrest at all. There was permission to have a look around, just like our group at the spot obtained permission for a few base visits as well.
Cheers,

Patrick Dirksen
Tristar Aviation

Northsky

Post by Northsky » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:04 pm

I have been informed directly that this person was Netherlands Air Force personnel and a report was sent by the Royal Thai Air Force to the Netherlands Air Force rather than take full legal action against the individual. This is fact not rumour as stated by RTAF personnel. Detention is like arrest.

Take Note the ROYAL THAI AIR FORCE DOES NOT HAVE AN OPEN BASE POLICY

POL

Post by POL » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Detention is nothing like arrest...

rolandjony

Post by rolandjony » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 pm

i think karachi is more safe city then thailand

Safe City Karachi

Eastern Eye

Post by Eastern Eye » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Not only was a Netherlands national arrested on RTAFB Takhli in January 2013,but this individual was found to be in possesion of memory cards from 2 other RTAF bases.

This is no lie or speculation,but comes from a high-ranking source in the Royal Thai Air Force.Furthermore this affair has been viewed with the utmost gravity by the RTAF.The fact that a military identity card was(allegedly) used to gain access to at least one base has led to a complaint to the issuing country of this identity card.

This event has had repercussions for the aviation enthusiast community in Thailand and it's effects are likely to be long-term.The Air Force refer to this as the Dutch incident.

This affair will have a negative effect for all enthusiasts from the Netherlands in Thailand for some considerable period of time.

The individual involved in this(who has been named by the RTAF) and the other two individuals,one from the United Kingdom and one more Netherlands national who have posted the fact they have entered Thai military establishments on an unauthorised basis within the last twelve months and posted the results of these visits on various websites and in print have been noted and the Thai authorities are aware of both identities of the people involved.

These three people will be very brave(or foolhardy) to attempt to enter Thailand in future,and an extended visit to the 'Bangkok Hilton' may be an unscheduled addition to any future visit to the Kingdom for these individuals.

You HAVE been warned.

vickyaheer

Post by vickyaheer » Sat May 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Very few countries are safe!

Gus0898uk

Post by Gus0898uk » Mon May 06, 2019 4:01 pm

The Thai air force base at Prachuap Kiri Khan has it's own beach open to the public and even has it's own hotel which i have stopped at. The first time I approached the base I was waived through the main gate, however, the main road through the base crosses the runway so you may be delayed there. :) If you go to the aircraft on display you have to pass another gate, just tell him that you have come to see the monkeys. ps: they also have a market near to the display some days, the base only has Pilatus trainers.

passat man

Post by passat man » Fri May 31, 2019 11:15 am

Have visited Don Muang (civil side) and had a tour of Tango Squadron same airfield, with no problems, have also seen slide shows of Thai shows....I guess it depends which show, or maybe things are changing

Return to “Rest of the World Airshows”