Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

It’s not just the Corinth canal that splits Greece

Thunder

It’s not just the Corinth canal that splits Greece

Post by Thunder » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:40 am

Here’s one that although not important has no less annoyed me for years. Why is it that the in the sub forums within this section, Greece is split into Mainland Greece along with Italy and Malta, and Crete is lobbed in with Cyprus. This leaves the remaining thousands of Greek islands sectionless☹️. Surely the logical approach here is to have Italy and Malta in one, with the whole of Greece and Cyprus in another.🤷‍♂️

POL

Re: It’s not just the Corinth canal that splits Greece

Post by POL » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm

It's been like that absolutely forever. I also note there's nowhere to post about Finland and Sweden!

Considering how quiet things are in these sections, perhaps it just needs to be split in to Northern Europe (Exxx airport codes) and Southern Europe (Lxxx airport codes).

Gary
Administrator

Re: It’s not just the Corinth canal that splits Greece

Post by Gary » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:40 pm

You’d have to ask whoever set the forum up back in 2009.

We (me) started to streamline and overhaul the forum back in the original COVID lockdown. Getting rid of many sections which had very little or no activity at all. The US section for example had all sub sections removed. Or addressing some of the odd / missing areas.

Momentum was lost and the work ground to a holt due the lack of time and help from other staff
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

Return to “Europe”