Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Konya air base turkey

Freyaollie

Konya air base turkey

Post by Freyaollie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi just looking for any info regarding photography at the above.going to turkey next week for a two week break and with konya air base only being a couple of hundred miles away from Antalya may hire a car and go over for the day.
Anybody experienced going to this base? And if so is photography allowed?are you close to the aircraft etc or would you risk being arrested.
Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards
Mark
P.s perhaps I could show them my pictures of their f16's at leeming last year.

KevinJ

Re: Konya air base turkey

Post by KevinJ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Best not, you almost certainly will be arrested.

robin

Post by robin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 am

Konya Air Base is just 200 miles from Syrian Airspace, as the Syrians Air Force bombs Lebanon a few days ago, they will be on even higher alert than they were before.

Even at Dalaman (manly a civil airfield), they are very nervous....

The Turkish people are very nice people, when you get to know them, but under the current situation, as said already you will get arrested.

Remember the Turkish government have already pick up members of the Assad special forces in Turkey already, last week (some of which may have been involved in a bomb explosion), and given the fact the Assad has said the Turkey should be attack (again), stay well clear of any military base, unless on official business.

nellis6

Post by nellis6 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Wouldn't even consider it for one minute. Almost guarantee some time in a Turkish prison!
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

Member, IFNM Press Agency
www.ifnm.org

Member, Canon Professional Services
www.canon.co.uk

Freyaollie

Post by Freyaollie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up saved from a midnight express hell.heres hoping for some mil activity at antalya ?
Rgds
Mark

fen

Post by fen » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:44 pm

I spent a week at Konya on an Exercise Anatolian Eagle a couple of years back. Despite being in uniform, holding a base permit and asking as politely as possible if I could photograph the preserved aircraft just past the main gate, I was told under no circumstances was I allowed a camera anywhere on the base. It's not a very friendly place and you make the right choice by taking on board the above comments.

Hope to help and sorry it's not more cheerful.

Beaker

Post by Beaker » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 am

It's worth a drive out to Konya if you've got the time, it's a fantastic drive!
We drove from Side via Beysehir to visit Catalhuyuk, south-east of Konya but it was an eleven hour round trip in a hire car and if you've never driven in Turkey it's an 'interesting' run :whistle: :halo:
But it's well worth it for the fantastic scenery particularly from the top of the pass before you start dropping down to Beysehir and if you can find it on a map, Tashkent is worth a visit to see the Para memorial at the head of the valley. :thumb:

Return to “Europe”