Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A Monday medley...

Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic photos in here please.
Fibrous Freddie

A Monday medley...

Post by Fibrous Freddie » Mon May 16, 2022 10:46 am

Having done some 'simple sums' I realised that these cater for the over 45's memories, and that the younger generation(s) will be wondering what it was all about!
Seven more diverse 'smudges'. '80's and early '90's.

ImageTWCU 45 Sqn Tornado by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr
Probably at Abingdon???

ImageSea Harrier FRS1 by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr

ImageStarfighter by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr

ImageJaguar Boscombe Down by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr

ImageThe end of RAF Phantoms 56 and 74 sqn by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr

ImagePortugal G91 RAF Fairford by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr

ImageLightning just before Binbrook snowstorm February 1987 by Fibrous Freddie, on Flickr

I had a severe 'moment' on the snowy roads as I escaped from the Lincolnshire Wolds after the Lightning shot... Luckily in my car I slid all the way down a snow covered hill road and missed all the 'street furniture' and parked cars. After time to re-compose it was back to Norfolk!!!

Enjoy (or not)!
Freddie

Mustang531

Re: A Monday medley...

Post by Mustang531 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:35 am

Another great selection of shots and memories. I think that Starfighter shot was at Binbrook show in 1987, after the downpour had passed. Thanks for sharing these.

Fibrous Freddie

Post by Fibrous Freddie » Mon May 16, 2022 11:41 am

Mustang531 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:35 am
Another great selection of shots and memories. I think that Starfighter shot was at Binbrook show in 1987, after the downpour had passed. Thanks for sharing these.
Thanks... I really was there (as apparently were millions of others ;) )!!! but didn't know that this photo was from that 'special' day. Some great vapour on the fast passes.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon May 16, 2022 5:36 pm

Very nice...... but that first shot :Wow: :thumbs:

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Tue May 17, 2022 3:41 am

More top shots, FF :thumbs:

None of us who were at Binbrook that day will ever forget the weather, will we :Wow:

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

F3

Post by F3 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:41 am

Binbrook was always a no-go zone when there was any snow around as there was only Spurn Point between it and the Arctic. Hope you had a change of underwear with you! As I used to live on the edge of the N.York Moors I had some pretty hairy experiences on snowy hills myself - one of which I consider myself fortunate to have survived. As for the pics liking the Tonka
( well caught in full burner) and the Gina.

Fibrous Freddie

Post by Fibrous Freddie » Tue May 17, 2022 11:25 am

F3 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:41 am
Binbrook was always a no-go zone when there was any snow around as there was only Spurn Point between it and the Arctic. Hope you had a change of underwear with you! As I used to live on the edge of the N.York Moors I had some pretty hairy experiences on snowy hills myself - one of which I consider myself fortunate to have survived. As for the pics liking the Tonka
( well caught in full burner) and the Gina.

It was all a bit different to Norfolk! We'd get 'nosebleed' when 'climbing the Cromer-Holt glacial moraine.

Return to “Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic Photography”