Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford Flying Days - VE Day

Post your Airshow, Event, Families day's, flypast photos etc in here for all to see.
lynothehammer

Duxford Flying Days - VE Day

Post by lynothehammer » Wed May 11, 2022 2:04 pm

I have to admit to umming and arring about going on the morning, and on the drive there I drove through some proper pants weather and wondered why i was bothering.

To be fair the weather gods played ball and it was a nice few hours spent in the sun, unfortunately your worst enemy at Duxford is the sun as your shooting straight in to it, here

ImageCanadian-Vickers PBV-1 Canso - G-PBYA / 433915 by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageR4175 & S1581 by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageWhite 09 & EP120 by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageNorth American TF-51D Mustang - G-TFSI / Contrary Mary by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageGoodyear FG-1D Corsair - G-FGID / KD345 by
Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageLeVier W-5 Cosmic Wind - G-ARUL by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageCanadian-Vickers PBV-1 Canso - G-PBYA / 433915 & Beech D17S Staggerwing - N18V by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageHawker Nimrod Mk II - G-BURZ by
Steve Lynes, on Flickr

ImageG-TFSI & G-FGID by Steve Lynes, on Flickr

Many thanks for looking

Steve

Mustang531

Re: Duxford Flying Days - VE Day

Post by Mustang531 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:41 am

Thanks for sharing these, some nice shots there. Plenty of variety as well and I personally don't mind the civil interloper, the Cosmic Wind is a vintage machine too. Nice to see the pre-war machines too, I'm old enough to remember the Hart J9941 flying at displays, before it was grounded and handed over to the RAF Museum.

Return to “Airshow & Event Photography”