Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Photo scanner

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Philwinward

Photo scanner

Post by Philwinward » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Can anyone recommend a scanner that I can use to scan photographs and negatives for transfer to my laptop . I have boxes of 35mm prints / negs that I need to sort out and organise. You never know some may eventually end upon here !!

Wallace

Re: Photo scanner

Post by Wallace » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Scanning negatives/slides it the most tedious of processes. See if you can get yourself a bulk scanner, either that or a macro lens and re-photograph them.

The best thing to do is a Google search or trawl through Youtube, you'll get plenty of inspiration there.

Good luck!

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Here's something to get you started.
https://youtu.be/6pnqF8G_wiM

Philwinward

Post by Philwinward » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:39 pm

Thanks guys.

Doughnut

Post by Doughnut » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Just started using a Reflecta 5000 DigitDia scanner. I can not praise it highly enough. The quality straight from the scanner with ICE is far better than I have previousley achieved with a Plustek Scanner. Best part is the Reflecta accepts a slide magazine with 50 slides and once started will complete the whole box !!! It does take about six hours to complete the box but I just leave it running saving the images to an external hard drive. Luckily I have a old desk top PC as well as my laptop being used for work so processing is not an issue. Even with basic processing the images are the best I have ever achieved. Downside is the price, the latest model is in excess of £2500 and they only seem to be available from Germany, got mine, a second hand 2006 model, on Ebay, still expensive but so far worth every pound.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”