Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Selfie film?

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Condor68

Selfie film?

Post by Condor68 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Not sure if this is correct section but I am missing something regarding how a film was achieved.On BBC4 Winter walks presenters are seen walking along country walks filming themselves.Problem is as they walk the shadow can clearly be seen with a selfie stick but when the presenter is in view the stick is not visible.Even when both hands are in view a stick is not visible ,it does look like they are carrying something in their hand. It says they are using a 360 degree camera which I would have thought would show the stick. Any ideas?

Keith

TeeJay

Re: Selfie film?

Post by TeeJay » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:09 am

Probably more than one camera...... The selfie filming (which personally I think looks crap) is on one take and other coverage a second camera or even drone footage on a second take.
I expect those walks we’re filmed over several hours or even days. Not just on one take.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks for replying TeeJay I thought about the drone etc but thought it would be too hard to hold position and the stick is clearly shown in shadow at the same time as both hands are in some shots.Will have to try stimulatng grey cells with amber fluid.Probably a bit sad but I have been drawn more to this than the actual walks ,a three or four mile wander through a fairly boring landscape doesnt do a lot for me.

Thanks again

Keith

sneezy24

Post by sneezy24 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 am

Use a 360 cam (GoPro or similar). Explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoif6FRLrso
Canon EOS 80D
Canon 70-300 USM II
Canon 18-135 USM
Uniden 125XLT
Canon 50mm 1.8
Panasonic Lumix TZ70

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”