Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Beastie in camera.

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Condor68

Beastie in camera.

Post by Condor68 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:39 pm

This is a weird one.About 4 weeks ago I noticed what appeared to be an small insect through the eyepiece when setting up a photo.It hasnt been affecting pictures as snapping white paper shows up nothing.As the lens has not been off since probably Easter ,just wondering how it got in and what it could be eating.Seems to move about quite happily.Have blasted it with a blower but its still there.Has anybody had anything like that happen to them.

Keith

slogen51

Re: Beastie in camera.

Post by slogen51 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:23 am

I had a couple of thunder bugs in the camera. Not in the viewfinder but would occasionally see them traversing underneath the LCD screen. I don't know what they eat , silicon probably?

I haven't seen them since summer so maybe the mechanism got them.

Supra

Post by Supra » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Beats me how a thunderbug gets into a waterproof camera that hasn't had the lens removed...... but they do! Was more prevalent in wet-film days when you cracked the back of the camera open every 5 minutes, but not so often with Digital.
I'm less concerned about what they eat but more about where they unload!!! :huh: :Wow:

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:49 pm

Oops i thought that was seagulls on the pictures Supra mm?

Thanks for the replies

Keith

nellis6

Post by nellis6 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:20 am

I've had two laptops that have had them in the screen. See the buggers crawling across it and then die mid screen! Just had a screen replaced as it had two of them in it and right in line of view - drove me crazy every time I looked at it
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
www.jetwashaviationphotos.com

Member, IFNM Press Agency
www.ifnm.org

Member, Canon Professional Services
www.canon.co.uk

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:42 am

Likewise, I too have had a Thunderbug/Corn Lice in the viewfinder of my 5D mk I, I could never get used to seeing it walk across the screen...it's still in the camera somewhere.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”