Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Where are my Flickr images?

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
wizzair

Where are my Flickr images?

Post by wizzair » Sat May 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Sorry if this is an odd one. Recently I spotted a post of mine on another forum which had images linked from Flickr and I had completely forgotten that I had ever used Flickr at all. It was all a very long time ago. I had to reset my password to log in to Flickr and discovered that there are no images in my account at all despite them being linked-to elsewhere. I have sent a query to their helpline but does anyone know, do they empty your cache after prolonged inactivity?
Thanks,
Steve W

Mike

Re: Where are my Flickr images?

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2022 1:06 pm

There are some old photos of yours' on UKAR but they are hosted by Photobucket, are you confusing the two photo hosting sites?

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Sat May 14, 2022 1:11 pm

There are some Flickr photos showing in a post by you here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=172281&p=1060207#p1060207

Clicking on one takes me to a Flickr site, presumably yours?

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2022 1:15 pm

Lots of those images are also on UKAR and hosted by Flickr (Stephen Wilson's account) :- https://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic ... 47#p272347

Could you possibly have two Flickr accounts?

wizzair

Post by wizzair » Sat May 14, 2022 2:02 pm

So here's the thing...
When I log into Flickr with my email address and a fresh password I arrive at an account called Wizzair with no images, I really don't think I ever set this up myself. Backtracking through my linked images on UKAR I find an account called Wislonuk which has my images and which I must have set up after Photobucket started charging.
I don't have a record of an email address and password for this account so am I right in thinking that I must have originally accessed it via my Google account? I have tried logging in with my Gmail address but Flickr really doesn't like that.
I guess I need to get Flickr to tell me what email address is linked to Wislonuk, get into that and then delete Wizzair. This could really confuse a stupid person. :D
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.
Steve W

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2022 2:31 pm

wizzair wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:02 pm

I guess I need to get Flickr to tell me what email address is linked to Wislonuk, get into that and then delete Wizzair.
It looks like you need to do exactly that unless you can remember which email address you used in 2017 when the wislonuk account was created. You also need to still have access to that email address as they'll send you a link to reset your password.

Good luck with it and can I just say that the images are excellent! :) :thumb:

wizzair

Post by wizzair » Sat May 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Thank you Mike, and, I've cracked it!
Flickr was formerly owned by Yahoo and that is how I set up the account. In turn my Yahoo email had gone dormant through lack of use. I refreshed Yahoo Mail and Bob immediately became my uncle. The Wizzair account dates from 2012 so I must have started to set that up and never followed through on it; I'm very nearly 64 years old and that is my excuse.
Steve W

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2022 3:12 pm

Glad it's sorted, you should post a load of them in the Nostalgia section if you can remember how to do that - just shout if you need a hand.

Only 63!!, you're not far behind me. :lol:

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”