Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Canon 550D help reqd

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Gus0898uk

Canon 550D help reqd

Post by Gus0898uk » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:33 pm

Hello Guys, I am suffering from brain fade.
I do not use my Canon 550D very often and I thought about taking some Red Arrows transit piccys tomorrow if possible. (Thurs)
When I switch the camera on, I get the settings on display on the LCD screen and not the view from the view finder.
I have pressed about everything to try and get the outside world view on my LCD screen but just have the display figures.
I believe it to be a simple mistake from me, can any member help?
TIA

tm74sqn

Re: Canon 550D help reqd

Post by tm74sqn » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:33 am

I had a similar problem when I left the lens cap on! Guess your problem is different and unfortunately I'm not a digital camera expert so can't offer any advice. Good luck anyway and hope someone can come up with the right answer.

Pete Da Bear

Post by Pete Da Bear » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:07 am

IIRC there is a switch on the back of the camera, top right by the corner of the screen, this toggles for still or video. In the centre of this a button that turns on live view. Press this and the LCD screen displays the view, you"re also able to customise what info is also shown. Shutter speed ISO etc and I believe you can focus and release the shutter by touching the screen. :thumb:

Gus0898uk

Post by Gus0898uk » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:09 pm

Thanks a lot both, all sorted now. Also the Red Arrows never transited through where I was waiting anyway, well one di but half an hour late. :)

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”