Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Mach Loop

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
MikeC1955

Mach Loop

Post by MikeC1955 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:37 am

My apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum....

I haven't been to the loop for a couple of years. It just didn't seem worth the effort as, at the last time I went, the Tornados were being withdrawn and Typhoons seemed to be discouraged from flying there. But, boy, have I spent many happy hours there since leaving full time work in 2012! And, got some great photos of tremendous flying.

I just wondered if there was any updates from anyone on traffic? I know that the current situation will stop many from England travelling, and even anyone in Wales, other than locals, may prefer not to drive there. But, as restrictions start to ease and it's a wide open slace with plenty of chance for the required distancing. I'd sort of like to make the journey, when allowed, for old times sake if nothing else!

I know it was always hit and miss. But, I'm assuming the Yanks and possibly other countries are still flying? Plus Hawks from Valley and perhaps the Tiffies are back?

Appreciate any updates, keep safe everyone.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorthesecond
Canon 70d
Canon 300mm f4 L
Canon 70-300IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 28mm f2.8
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

TomTwin

Re: Mach Loop

Post by TomTwin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:36 pm

Mach Loop is effectively closed as no one from England is allowed to enter Wales until further notice. Plus, we are under a 5 mile “Stay Local” order from the First Minister.

No Typhoons as of yet, only Hawks, Texans and F-15s for fast hey and training, with the odd MC-130, CV-22 and Brize C-130J and Atlas thrown in.

Best to wait until lockdown in Wales is reduced, people are allowed into Wales again, we can go up mountains and lots more Mach Loop threads appear in here.

Return to “West England & Wales”