Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

MBCC open days

Please use this forum for any movements and activities relating to DSAE Cosford.
mrwrgj

MBCC open days

Post by mrwrgj » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:47 am

I congratulate all those involved last week in the open days within the Michael Beetham Conservation Centre (MBCC) and hope all the good work they have carried out on the aircraft continues. My interest was specifically drawn towards Hampden P1344 but admired the work which had been carried out on the Range Safety Launch and Wellington MF628. It amazed me the quality of work was of such a high standard considering the airframes were for static display. They deserve all the support they can get.
I spent sometime walking around in and amongst the visitors standing around the Hampden and marvelled at the stories I was listening to. Many ex-service veterans spoke of their experiences on similar aircraft and I realised how important it is for us 'youngen's' to record such memories. It also confirmed the importance of these open days for collection of data to help the reconstruction of such old airframes. I for one will visit the facility as many times as I can.
I understand there is to be some shuffling around of aircraft, so I can request that DA2 be brought to Cosford as it would sit lovely in the research and develop hangar along side EAP and TSR2.

Cheers
Martin

Return to “DSAE Cosford”