Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF 'pauses job offers for white men' to meet 'impossible' diversity targets

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
slogen51

Re: RAF 'pauses job offers for white men' to meet 'impossible' diversity targets

Post by slogen51 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:27 pm

If we all pull together we will be stronger for it - I heard that sentence on the radio this afternoon, can't remember what context, it may have been cricket but it applies to defence or to any organization.

I will use the black word

I worked in London for many years and worked alongside many women and black people and made some good friends - two of my mates were from Iran and Pakistan - typical of an IT company in London. However although the workforce was diverse there was only one female manager ( human resources) and zero black managers of any sex. That is just an observation but I think there was an unconscious ( rubbish we are not asleep) bias going on.

PR9

Re: RAF 'pauses job offers for white men' to meet 'impossible' diversity targets

Post by PR9 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:03 am

If its truly about diversity, when are the wheelchair accessible Typhoons & F-35s coming? :P

Even office staff have to pass the fitness regime so disabled people would be locked out of these roles too.
MISSING - x1 Air Force.
If found please return to the UK.

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:39 am

Surely everybody, black, white, yellow. whatever has to reach THE SAME STANDARDS!!. It is only colour that will change. Nothing to see here, move on.

verreli

Post by verreli » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 am

I find it highly discriminatory that retards are excluded from some roles, especially positions of responsibility such as pilots, although I do acknowledge that some have managed to reach senior positions. Equal opportunity should mean exactly that. Squadrons should be staffed with a proportion of retards to adequately reflect society as a whole. Anecdotally that's an ever greater percentage. I hear that some are considering a protest by standing in front of spooled up jet engines with banners that read "Retards for the RAF". I certainly back their cause. It should be an achievable target to meet too with so many available.

jpickers56

Post by jpickers56 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:55 am

The opportunities to join the armed forces are open to all whatever colour or creed, perhaps the ethnic majorities have less desire to do so. You only have to look at our hobby, how many from the ethnic majorities were at the fence at Lakenheath when the F-22's arrived armed with bins and camera's a couple of weeks back, cannot recall many if any myself. I would suggest it does not interest them.
Does this mean we have to generate interest for these people to become plane spotters so we as a aviation interest community meet similar targets?

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:24 am

jpickers56 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:55 am
The opportunities to join the armed forces are open to all whatever colour or creed, perhaps the ethnic majorities have less desire to do so. You only have to look at our hobby, how many from the ethnic majorities were at the fence at Lakenheath when the F-22's arrived armed with bins and camera's a couple of weeks back, cannot recall many if any myself. I would suggest it does not interest them.
Does this mean we have to generate interest for these people to become plane spotters so we as a aviation interest community meet similar targets?
Looking across the armed forces and both the service and heroic actions of those from various backgrounds, it's a little disingenuous to state that it doesn't interest "them". Whilst watching aircraft was a background to my O, A levels and Aeronautical Engineering degree and a long career in the aircraft industry, I'm not sure that standing at the fence to catch F-22's take off is necessarily a critical requirement for flying or managing a Typhoon or F35? In fact I'd go as far as to say that I'd want to keep some of said people as far away from the complex environment as possible.

Once again MSM generates conflict within the working classes so we can all point and shout at each other, whilst the elite continue to accelerate their wealth and reap profits whilst telling us we can't afford pay rises. Don't fall for it! :roll:

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:36 am

"You only have to look at our hobby, how many from the ethnic majorities were at the fence at Lakenheath when the F-22's arrived"

You mean Ethnic minorities?

From a BBC report on university opportunities

The university access figures show a continuing pattern of white youngsters having among the lowest entry rates.

Among white teenagers, 38% go on to higher education, compared with 60% of black pupils and 64% of Asian.

The highest entry rate, 78%, is for Chinese youngsters.

Among black African female pupils eligible for free school meals, the rate is 67%.

But only 13% of white British male FSM pupils go on to higher education.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 828266.amp

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:44 am

Yet again the media using percentages in isolation without the numbers to put things in context. Of course if they did, there wouldn't be a big story - if any at all.

Philly1971

Post by Philly1971 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:02 am

verreli wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:01 am
I find it highly discriminatory that retards are excluded from some roles, especially positions of responsibility such as pilots, although I do acknowledge that some have managed to reach senior positions. Equal opportunity should mean exactly that. Squadrons should be staffed with a proportion of retards to adequately reflect society as a whole. Anecdotally that's an ever greater percentage. I hear that some are considering a protest by standing in front of spooled up jet engines with banners that read "Retards for the RAF". I certainly back their cause. It should be an achievable target to meet too with so many available.
Please, it’s 2022, and you can’t use that phrase. We have to use the proper word now, which is politician. :D

cat1

Post by cat1 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:06 am

POL wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:16 am
I think this thread needs locking before it turns in to the Daily Mail comment section.
:clap:

What perfect timing for this to pop up with a war on our hands
Cheap cameras aren't good. Good cameras aren't cheap

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”