Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Introduce yourselves

For general modelling chat and discussion.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

danielrichey

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by danielrichey » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Hello All, My names Dan and I live about 30 mins from Brize Norton, I'm 35 and My Dad's 72, We've been making models since the year dot. We mainly make STOB kits and have about 200 so far in all shapes and sizes! Recently I've had a passion for all things Luftwaffe, And My Dad Just loves Phantoms. Nearly all Our kits are hand painted with a few done using spray cans. I try and pick Models up off the internet or at Airshows as funds are tight. Anyway I'l post some picks soon just hope You like them? BTW My claim to fame is that My dad once worked for Lord Kings Norton, He was having Sir Frank Whittle round for tea So My Father and I met The Great man Himself :) Good times....

So enough for now and all the Best
Dan and malcolm

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Welcome Dan and Malcolm.
Hope you visit the Gallery soon and show us what youve got!
Arabest,
Geoff.

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Welcome aboard guys, look forward to seeing your builds. :thumb:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Maverick231

Post by Maverick231 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:54 am

Hello.
Im Adam, I used to only collect 1/200 scale aircraft but recently iv found a new love for 1/72 Military models and the amazing detail that can be obtained when the correct amount of effort has been applied.
The first 1/72 models I bought were 2 Hobby Master BAE Systems Harrier GR.9A's, 1 from 1 Squadron and from 4 Squadron both in (I hate this part) Disbandment Livery.
I also do allot of Kits.
So far iv built a Spitfire Mk.IIC and a Hurricane Mk.II from an Airfix BBMF set I got for Christmas as a child.
Well its nice to finally be on a forum were everyone isn't constantly undermining each other and being picky and childish!
The Harrier Jump Jet - The best there is, The best there was and The best there ever will be!
Model Harriers in the stash = 73 and counting.

lucas1860

Post by lucas1860 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:15 am

Good day all.

Jim lucas, keen aviation photographer, keen on the modelling side of things also. Live in South Yorkshire.

Look forward to showing some stuff.

Jim.
http://www.lucasaviationphotographpy.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveN

Post by DaveN » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Afternoon all...
Dave here...I used to make lots of models when I was much younger.
My recent foray into airshow/military craft photography has been a disaster despite repeated lessons from a pro photographer!

So I decided to go back to what I used to be good at.
Looking forward to making some basic models up aqnd then progressing to more complex projects.

Thanks
Dave

dannyf

Post by dannyf » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi I'm danny, like both mil aviation photography and mil aviation modeling. I generally make 1/72 ww2 but I have made a few others, I like to put my own spin on the paint jobs (Hence my TU-95 Bear in matt black) I look forward to hearing from other modelers :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Dead-eye-dan
Fujifilm Finepix S2980
My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/104534575@N05/

SeanW

Post by SeanW » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Good day Folks .. My name is Sean, 43 year old widowed father of three young kids 13, 9 and 7, and i have very recently moved house from under Stansteds approach in Essex, to 2 miles off the end of The Bae Warton Runway in Lancashire ! 250 miles and from Civvies to Military ! lol .. i am a keen navy and Aviation photographer as well as modeller in both too .. aircraft i go for something a little different , 1/144 scale both civvy and military which was always due to space , but now looking to up size as the new house affords my own mancave ;-) on the bench currently are Revells 1/144 F16C 149FW Texas ANG 65th anniversary scheme, a Doyusha 1/100 Douglas C47 skytrain of the RCAF plus HMS Exeter being prepped to add to a Falklands Task Force dio in 1/700 .

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi Sean :P

Welcome aboard, mate :thumb:

Waiting to see anything you can build and put up for our delectation :lol:

Very best regards

Patrick :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 am

Hi all just showing my face on the model section, i have three builds in the pipeline - all in 48th scale first and my all time fave - a Shar 2, then my fave french plane - a Rafale M with tiger tanks, then finally my fave french old metal - a SEM.

C.
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

ClassicAFWatcher

Post by ClassicAFWatcher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi all, :clap:

I'm Ross from Cornwall and I usually build 1/72 model from all eras of aviation. I first started building in about 2007 and haven't stopped since. I'm currently doing a double build of the Airfix Tucano, the 2 2012 display aircraft. I am also working on a 1/72 Italeri F16 and 1/200 Hasegawa 737. The best model I've made so far is the Revell 1/72 B17 which is also my latest complete builds proving that skills get better with every build. I also do Youtube on the models I build and I try to get a video a week out.

Thanks all :thumb:

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Welcome to the forum! :thumbs:

onemac

Post by onemac » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 am

Hi, my name is Al and I'm an alco.... sorry, wrong group. Some of you may know of my existence from the Photography section. I live in Lossie (lucky me) and took early retirement before they kicked me out which leaves plenty time for modelling and photography. Now I'm essentially a returnee to the hobby which completely absorbed my teenage years with a couple of unsuccessful forays in between then and now but the gap can be counted in decades - three at least but nearer four so I look upon myself as a relative noob. I had an accident several years back which affected both my motor skills and sensation so I can pick up a delicate bit of plastic and squash it unintentionally. Airbrushing is a complete new world and being partially colour-blind doesn't help but I'm here and may post my completed builds occasionally. I'm mainly into 1/48th but do like the occasional 1/32nd scale - 1/72 is out as I usually have trouble seeing the box, opening it and wondering what to do with all the teeny-weeny bits inside (then usually proceed to crush them).

Anyway, hello......

Al

Captain Haddock

Post by Captain Haddock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Folks
Just joined the Fighter Control community, so I thought I'd say hello to all you modellers. Like most modellers my stash is far to big, but I keep telling my wife it will give me something to do when I retire. I got back into modelling when my two boys came along, we picked up a Airfix Tucano at a carboot sale, made it, sprayed it black with a Humbrol rattle can, it was soon then hanging from my eldest ceiling. 15 years down the line and I have progressed to airbrushes and what must be £500 worth of paint. At the present I'm making a DH Mosquito in all the scales that are available plastic, I've finished the 1/144, 1/48 and 1/32 models just the Frog 1/72 (Yes Frog) and the Airfix 1/24 to go, just got to find somewhere to put them!

Cheers

Lloyd.

cheesecake

Post by cheesecake » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:31 am

Hi all
Froggy on line... First, excuse for my english, i left schook since a longtime !
Introduce by Jay after a quest on another forum dedicated to Diecast planes...

Cheers

SCARECROW

Post by SCARECROW » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Evening all decided to get back into my models after years building Airfix, Matchbox,Novo and Heller but stopped about 30 years ago after joining the RAF !
So starting with basics got the Airfix 1/72 Spitfire kit as I first built a Spitfire as my 1st model 50 years ago !
Treated myself to some extras to turn the Revel Tornado kit into a TTTE Tornado after the Spitfire.

Next will be the 1435 Flt F-4 from MPA 1991, the same time I was down there, guess the 78 Sqn Sea King will soon follow guess I must be old as aircraft I worked with are now released by Aiirfix !!
I must have been mad when I was younger as I made the 1/72 Monogram B-52 ! That took up a lot of space !

Budgie516

Post by Budgie516 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Afternoon folks I’m Garry or “Budgie” I’m up here in Elgin, i was stationed at Lossie and got the nickname when working in stores on 202 Sqn. I’ve got back in to building models to helps with my PTSD, plus the reaction of my nephews faces when the get a new model for there ceiling. I’m hoping to build a selection of aircraft from the 3 Scottish stations from over ther years. I’ve already got 2 buccs, 3 Tornado GR4 and 1 F3 hopefully I will pictures soon once I start.

Return to “Modelling Community”