Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Introduce yourselves

For general modelling chat and discussion.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

markw38

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by markw38 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 pm

will remember that thanks :thumb:

markmarples

Post by markmarples » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm

and ive glued cuts on myself with it loads! infact i did an hour ago

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Paul welcome!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

'The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down!' - Yeager

Sheff

Post by Sheff » Tue May 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Here's my two penneth then:-

Name's Tim. I've been messing with plastic kits wince I was a kid - I blame my older brother as I used to enjoy "flying" his Frog Vulcan model around the garden! My first kit was the old Airfix Hercules (complete with Bloodhound) and their little BAC-111, back around 1970. The bug has stuck with me ever since. I joined IPMS many years ago and I ended-up editing their magazine. With the help of my modelling colleagues in Malta we turned a dull monochrome newsletter into a colour magazine. I then worked on Modelaid Magazine - something the older modellers will remember. Back then the "cutting edge" was our fold-out paper cockpit interiors. How times have changed! After that I edited Scale Models magazine and Airfix Magazine for a while before I drifted off into the world of full-size aviation publishing.

I still keep buying kits though. Beny mentioned this many posts back:-
I have recentley realised I seem to like kits more than building. This is something I never understood before.
This happens to us all eventually! You inevitably end-up gathering far more kits than you could ever hope to build. The key to mental stability is to accept that it's quite nice to just collect the kits without necessarily having to build them all! My old friend Ernie Lee prides himself on having an example of every 72nd scale military aircraft kit produced. He does have them all too apart from a very few exceptions - you can imagine what his house is like!

I don't have any specific modelling interests. I opt for whatever takes my fancy at the time. Most of my old models have been sent out on "long term loan" to colleagues such as Neil Robinson, but I'm hoping to start building new stuff now I've moved to another apartment. The kits all came with me! I'm pretty good at building models (so I'm told) but I don't profess to be particularly skilled. My problem is that I get obsessed with accuracy and detail, and this inevitably dissuades you from building anything if you're not careful! The only remedy is to go to a model show (especially Telford) to get the juices flowing!

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Mon May 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Welcome to the nut house fella!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

shaunb

Post by shaunb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Eh up dudes

I should think a couple of you may remember me :whistle:
Ive had a small break and I am now involved in a new forum Mainly military modelling with MarkM and Simon. But a few things have changed which means I felt I could pop back to FC.

Viper is long gone, Im just plane 'ol shaun now :D

Any way, enough of that so time to build something :lol:
Last edited by shaunb on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Welcome back Shaun!

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Nice to see you popped back me old mucker. :thumb:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

markmarples

Post by markmarples » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:21 pm

hi mate

viper is dead long live the shaun!

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Yeh, Shaun's back - party time. :lol:

This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

shaunb

Post by shaunb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Cheers Mike,

Ive missed you :halo: :lol:

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm

shaunb wrote:Cheers Mike,

Ive missed you :halo: :lol:
You haven't really. :lol:

This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

shaunb

Post by shaunb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 pm

oh fudge, how could you tell :whistle: :halo: :lol:

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm

shaunb wrote:oh fudge, how could you tell :whistle: :halo: :lol:
`Just like that`, apparently... :lol:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

shaunb

Post by shaunb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:00 am

People seem to know me too well :lol:

Its good to see some familiar names on here as well as some that went away and came back but just as important I see some new people :thumb:

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:52 pm

hello!! been noseing around for some time now on the forum but thought it might be time to say hi in here..
had some time out from making model (about 10 years if i think about it :O ) but had had enough of messing with old cars :grr: and scale modelling was allwas somthing i liked doing ;)
i started my collection when i was a we lad! and over the years built up rather a large collection..
i found that living so close to culdrose, i allwas found that fleet air arm aircraft was what did it for me.. i end up with nearlly every type opprated by the navy.. from about 1947 to the pressent day!! some type's i had diffrent mk's of the same aircraft! the hi light of the many hours spent building them was being asked to display them at culdrose for there 50th aniversary :thumbs: there were at the 1997(i think?)airday in one of the hangars,in a large glas cabinet and in the officer mess for some mouths after that! then i ended up putting some of them in glass cabinets on display, in my inlaws pub in gweek, near helston..
but over years the smoke from the dirty! smokers, :whistle: start to damage them.. so i took them all out, gave them a good clean/restore. and boxed them all upa and thay lived in the loft! :'(
next "theam i had going was what i called "testing times"! RAE "raspberry ripple" was the scheme that most ended up in.. but i allso had lot of first build/ prototypes had a lovely kit of a FD2 and a E28/39.. wish i still had them!
anyway.. the end came one day when i need some cash.. and quick.. so the dreaded Ebay was were i thought i could make a quick buck..
put couple of my rarer kits on there (AEW gannet, sea prince, and my rather nice Sea Balliol! ) but put in the advert.. "one of many of my collection..
next thing i know i get an email, and a chap is round offering me a 4 figure sum to take the lot away for his private colletion :huh: :blush:
and to this day i wish i never sold them!
the worst bit???? i did take photos of them.. but lost them all when my lap top dieded some years ago :grr:
would love to find some one with a photo of them from the culdrose airday.. 1997 i think it was..

anyway.. over the years i have still keep buying/collecting kits.. and nows the time to start all over again..
the theme this time i think is going to be prototypes again. but all so "what if's" i have just knocked togather a airfix islander,but done it as a maritime patrol aircraft.. of the new zealand airforce..
just been digging in my scrap box.. and found enough of an airfix meteor kit to knock somthing together.. so watch this space ;)

shaunb

Post by shaunb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Welcome to the FC model section,

I will be doing some RAE stuff, mainly because I like to do stuff with a local conection and Bedford isnt too far from me.

I look forward to seeing some builds from you

Flyingmonster

Post by Flyingmonster » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am

Welcome to the Nut House Buzzer :thumb:
Cheers

Boo boo (aka Jamie)

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:37 am

Hi All.....and Simon

Thought Id say hello been floating around looking at the fantastic goings on here for a little while . A bit of background ....not much really..been modelling for over 40 years now :roll: Enjoy what I do which these days is mainly 1/48th USN/USMC/USCG but latley been doing a bit of RAF/RN and larger 72nd bits.I usually have something on the go..at the moment its a 48th Sea Prince
As you can imagine over 40 years of modelling and going out looking at aircraft I have a very large amount of reference/spares/decals :blush: Which I am always glad to share if anyone needs a spare part or decal and I have it just ask its always great to help out

Thats about it

Cheers

Paul

shaunb

Post by shaunb » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 am

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy the section

Return to “Modelling Community”