Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Ebay kit bargains

For general modelling chat and discussion.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

karlbutler

Re: Ebay kit bargains

Post by karlbutler » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 am

All, just dipping a toe in the water before i sell on ebay to gauge interest ?

I have some 1/72 kits available given to me by my late father that Ill never get round to building and wanted to know if they were worth putting on ebay......all unopened, just a bit dusty from being in the loft.
Airfix - Nimrod, Valiant ( with an extras box within with conversion parts )
AMT/Ertl - EC-135
Theres probably 100-150 various kits ranging from vintage matchbox unopened items to some other things like a 1/72 shackleton kit.

Whats the thinking ?

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:33 am

I bought a Nimrod on Ebay last week for £42, they do sometimes go for higher.

There are a lot of people doing kits now with lockdown, there's been a surge, now is the time to get them up.

I might be interested in the Valiant and Ec-135 as well - any idea on price? Send me a PM if you like.

Mike

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 am

You do take pot luck with eBay. The biggest hassle for me is the packing and postage. If you want to get rid of a job lot a few dealers might be interested. I have sold to kingkit in the past which cuts out a lot of hassle.
Or put a detailed list on the for sale section here

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:41 pm

There's a facebook group called veteranus model auctions, I've bought a couple of kits in the past fortnight, it works well. If you've got a big collection they'll collect it. You sell through the group, they take a cut of the final price but they deal with the shipping, buyers and sellers seem pleased with what goes on. There's a seaprate page for high value models called veteranus pop or something.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:55 pm

karlbutler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 am
All, just dipping a toe in the water before i sell on ebay to gauge interest ?

I have some 1/72 kits available given to me by my late father that Ill never get round to building and wanted to know if they were worth putting on ebay......all unopened, just a bit dusty from being in the loft.
Airfix - Nimrod, Valiant ( with an extras box within with conversion parts )
AMT/Ertl - EC-135
Theres probably 100-150 various kits ranging from vintage matchbox unopened items to some other things like a 1/72 shackleton kit.

Whats the thinking ?
I am in a situation where i realize i am never gonna build the 250+ kits i have stashed away so gave Ebay a go. Ive sold 20 there so far with mixed results and only one failure, but once up for sale its been a slow process for me which is the way i want it. The way i did it was compile a list of them all, took a batch of say 5 and research the prices, then list them over a week or 2 and research the next batch.

The Nimrod and Valiant should do you well along with the EC-135 as i think they are quite sought after, and i think there is a following out there for vintage Matchbox stuff if the boxes are in good condition.

Would like to see a list though as i am always looking for kits, especially a 1/72 Special Hobby Whirlwind Fighter.
Stay Safe,
Geoff.

Doughnut

Post by Doughnut » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:06 pm

As a regular Ebay seller ( and buyer !!) I find the time taken to deal with some buyers a problem. Also dont forget the massive 20% you will lose to both Ebay and Paypal on commission.
My suggestion would be to list the kits you have for sale here and ask buyers on this Forum place bids via private message. Set a time scale, say end of the month, review the bids and inform the winner what they have won. Arrange payments / collection, what does not sell repeat the offer or try ebay. Something I find, as a buyer, is to list similar kits together. It is often as cheap to send three kits in the post as it does one. Also avoid selling overseas, postage is so high.

karlbutler

Post by karlbutler » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 am

Would anyone be interested or know anyone that may be interested in purchasing my kit collection as a whole, I haven’t the time to separately sell them but I have a list with photos.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:03 pm

Kingkit.

Return to “Modelling Community”