Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Request for Eurofighter spare parts 1-48

Any questions on modelling techniques? Post your query here.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

karlslawrence

Request for Eurofighter spare parts 1-48

Post by karlslawrence » Thu May 23, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi all.
I'm repairing a 1-48 Typhoon single seater for my office. I need 2 new foreplanes.
I would also like to get modern weapons i.e. Meteor, Stormshadow, Paveway4, Brimstone and ASRAAM.
Does anybody know where I could get this lot from?

Many thanks.

Karl

mustang5861

Re: Request for Eurofighter spare parts 1-48

Post by mustang5861 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:17 am

Do you know the kit manufacturer of the Typhoon you are repairing - it might make a difference when it comes to the fit of replacement foreplanes. Given that these parts are a key feature of the Typhoon, and all kits thereof in any scale, I think it will be difficult to find a set of foreplanes on offer as 'spare parts'.

It might be that the only option is to buy a replacement kit from which to get the foreplanes and the selection of ordnance you are looking to add. If that's a route you are willing to go down, I would recommend the Revell 1/48th Eurofighter Typhoon kit (No. 4568, which shows Luftwaffe single-seater 30+16 on the box top, for its ordnance selection. The kit contains the following: 2 x ASRAAM; 2x Sidewinder; 4 x Meteor; 4 x AMRAAM; 2 x Paveway II; 2 x Taurus; 2 x Storm Shadow; plus 1 x recce pod and 3 x fuel tanks.

My first port of call for the Revell kit (and those by Italeri and Airfix) would be eBay - there are at least two examples of the Revell kit up for auction at the moment, as well as others available from dealers on the site.

Cheers,
M

Return to “Technical - Tools and Tips/Walkrounds”