Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Die Cast Collections - Post yours here.

An area to show all your in progress models.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

HighlandSniper

Re: Die casts, Please post your colections here

Post by HighlandSniper » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I like the Herpa AWACS collection - I've been tempted by the small die-casts, but not the prices!

The Corgi Buccaneer range is excellent, I have all eight which I must dust and photograph - it's a shame there isn't one with folded wings.

awacsfan

Post by awacsfan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks Rob, appreciate your reply.
I actually prefer Dragon Wings or Gemini but till today Herpa is the only one that has made the AWACS in 25th Anniversary livery. But I agree, the prices are ridicolous. I was after a 1/400 C-5 Galaxy and those prices are just astronomical these days. The Bucc certainly has something... "next" on my list is a Canberra (sure wish Corgi would to a PR9) and a F-104.
Cheers
Andy

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Been banging on about a PR.9 on DAF for ages now. Seems the mould would need too many modifacations to it to become economicaly viable for Corgi. :( Would have thought that they would have made provisions to do PR.9 after they had finished with the existing mould..? :roll: Oh well.

Like the Bucc too, but again the modifactions needed for a folding wings version are too much. However, a `fixed` version with folded wings may be a good idea. Think another company has done something like this with the F-4U Corsair? :unsure:

Anyway, old`ish release, but newest aquisition for my display. (couldn`t deciede between this and the nightfighter version)

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

HighlandSniper

Post by HighlandSniper » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:56 pm

awacsfan wrote:Thanks Rob, appreciate your reply.
I actually prefer Dragon Wings or Gemini but till today Herpa is the only one that has made the AWACS in 25th Anniversary livery. But I agree, the prices are ridicolous. I was after a 1/400 C-5 Galaxy and those prices are just astronomical these days. The Bucc certainly has something... "next" on my list is a Canberra (sure wish Corgi would to a PR9) and a F-104.
Cheers
Andy
I'm Buccaneer-mad, so I have to have them. My son has the Corgi Canberra TT.18 which is a lovely model, and of course it's quite big. He too hopes for a PR.9, and has recently finished the Airfix 1:48 model.

I'm amazed to see how much variety there is with the smaller scales, but I can't afford it.

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:36 pm

List:
Sea Harrier (Franklin Mint)
Sea King HAR.3 (Mount Pleasant)
Canberra B.6(A&AEE Boscombe Down, 1984)
Tornado GR4 (12 SQN)
Airbus A380 (Gemini Jets, present from Harrods)
T-45 Goshawk prototype (1991)
E-3D Sentry (8/23 SQN)
Chinook HC-2 (with Land Rover)
Typhoon F.2
Hercules C-130J (Lyneham, '06)
KC-10 refueling a F-117
Jaguar GR-3 (41 SQN, '05)
F-35 (RAF)
Airbus A300-600ST Beluga

... got a Corgi BBMF Spitfire on order (PM631), also want a Vulcan and a Lynx model :clap:

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Nice collection you have there Chris. The Chinook with the underslung load is a very good display peice as it hides the stand as such.

Anyway, another new addition from me. The `Col Olds` F-4 from Hobbymaster.

Tiger, Tiger!

awacsfan

Post by awacsfan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Just won a Corgi 1/72 Martin RB-57 (the black one) off ebay here in Germany for less than 25 quid incl. insured shipping. After I checked various online prices, I think I didn't do all that bad, considering the model is in mint condition and original packing. Won't be able to post any pictures till the new year though as I'll be unavailable for a while starting tomorrow morning (and I don't want to copy any pictures off the internet here in order to avoid copyright problems).
Next on my 1/72 want list is either the Corgi German AF F-104 or the Hobby Master German Navy F-104.

Andy

PS: That Hobby Master F-4 looks really nice!

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:11 pm

awacsfan wrote:Just won a Corgi 1/72 Martin RB-57 (the black one) off ebay here in Germany for less than 25 quid incl. insured shipping. After I checked various online prices, I think I didn't do all that bad, considering the model is in mint condition and original packing. Won't be able to post any pictures till the new year though as I'll be unavailable for a while starting tomorrow morning (and I don't want to copy any pictures off the internet here in order to avoid copyright problems).
Next on my 1/72 want list is either the Corgi German AF F-104 or the Hobby Master German Navy F-104.

Andy

PS: That Hobby Master F-4 looks really nice!
Not a bad `all in` price at all Andy for that RB-57. :thumbs:

The Corgi `104` is from the `Predator` series and looks good on it`s U/C with weapons IMPO. (if you place it on the stand you can`t have the sidwinders fitted :( )

Look forward to some pics in due course. :thumb:

Tiger, Tiger!

iain s

Post by iain s » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Will get around to posting some shots of my collection, I collect Armour/Franklin Mint 1/48 aircraft.

Wondered if any other members collected the same??? Just that I at present have about 50ish.

iain s

Post by iain s » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:09 am

Hi, could the person that PMed me please do again, it came through but cant reply as I dont have the details about who contacted me!!!!

Cheers Iain

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Latest addition, Sky Guardians Fw 190. Well worth the price at under a tenner including delivery from Ebay.

Tiger, Tiger!

MacksAviation

Post by MacksAviation » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:19 pm

My Current Collection of Lightnings missing all the F.6's at present but hopefully when funds return so will the collection grow.

Thanks

Dave

viper3111

Post by viper3111 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Thats a nice finish on the shiny one :cool: , is it plated or paint?

MacksAviation

Post by MacksAviation » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Can't remember if its painted or plate to be honest and they all now boxed up again and in storage.

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:17 pm

A very nice collection of Frightnings you have there Macks. :thumbs: Would step in and grab an F6 with over wing tanks as soon as you can as the price can climb quickly with these.

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Re: Die Cast Collections - Post yours here.

Post by tc2324 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Just a quick picture update on my collection so far, (also handy for insurance purposes if they go up in smoke... :lol: ).

Also managed to wangle a couple of shelves, (with the missus permission of course), in our dining room. It`s amazing what a bottle of Merlot can make people agree too.... :lol:

My 74 Sqn collection and all my Spit`s.....

Tiger, Tiger!

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi, some great collections here. I have recently bought some Hobby Master 1:72 models and I'm having some problems with drop tanks/missile racks falling off! Any tips on how to secure them a little better??

Thanks,

Pete.

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Pete wrote:Hi, some great collections here. I have recently bought some Hobby Master 1:72 models and I'm having some problems with drop tanks/missile racks falling off! Any tips on how to secure them a little better??

Thanks,

Pete.

Hi Pete,

this problem is the bane of most Diecast collectors lives. While most models will have a perfect fit, you can bet your life at some point you come across a problem `child`. Two ways I have sorted this out in the past is either a small roll of `tack` or a small amount of model glue. It very much depends if you plan to sell the model off in the future if a better version emerges, which it usually does. :roll:

Another option I have heard about, (but never used as I can`t remember the name of the stuff) :blush: , is a water soluable glue. Obvious advantage is that the water disolves the glue leaving no mark apparently, so solves the issue if you do want to resell.

Hope some of this helps.

Tony

Tiger, Tiger!

viper3111

Post by viper3111 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:17 pm

This is completely out of my area, but would a PVA be of any use as this is both water based and will peel of easily when needed. It also drys clear, sadly I havn't heard of a glue that is disolved by water so im not much help there. :roll:

tc2324

Post by tc2324 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:28 pm

viper3111 wrote:This is completely out of my area, but would a PVA be of any use as this is both water based and will peel of easily when needed. It also drys clear, sadly I havn't heard of a glue that is disolved by water so im not much help there. :roll:
PVA may be the best way to go although I would be careful with the peeling process if that time comes. Just wish I could find that thread from the other forum that gave the name of the stuff I`m on about. I`m sure it was a yank shouting about it. :whistle: Will keep looking and post if I find it.

To be honest, tack has always been the easy option for me and works just fine as long as the model isn`t displayed in the sun, which it shouldn`t be anyway due to the fade issue.

Tony

Tiger, Tiger!

Return to “Work In Progress”