Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Pre-painting VS assembled painting

An area to show all your in progress models.

Moderator: Flyingmonster

cat1

Pre-painting VS assembled painting

Post by cat1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 am

had a VERY large argument with a friend a couple of days ago about this subject
so I immediately came to the great governing undignified melting pot of fighter control to gather opinions.

please let me know how you would paint your models because I will be compiling the information in the 2022 'Fighter control thinks' post, when i show the data from through the year!!!

(A level data compilation project :clap: )
Cheap cameras aren't good. Good cameras aren't cheap

reaper493

Re: Pre-painting VS assembled painting

Post by reaper493 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 am

I think you might be best using the poll option, and making a new topic.

Not sure how accurate you're results would be, it all depends on the model and the part in question.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:14 pm

As Reaper says it does rather depend on what you do.

I don't have an airbrush and brush paint; the exceptions being silver /Natural Metal for which I use Halfords Peugeot aluminium and white , for which I use Halfords white primer.

Wheels and ejector seats are always prepainted and I'll sometimes do the same for u/c parts.

Most of my modelling is Cold War jets and so are generally nearly fully assembled before painting; however an exception to that is the new Finemolds Phantom where I paint the rear exhaust area and tail planes prior to final assembly.

However, for space reasons, and the fact the kits come with a wing spar I have recently made a Revell 1/48 Ventura and an Airfix 1/72 Wellington in modular form - fuselage and both wings so the wings are simply slid on to the wing spar (and off again). When they end up in the loft in a storage box there's much less chance of damage

cat1

Post by cat1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:08 pm

many thanks for you help!
Cheap cameras aren't good. Good cameras aren't cheap

Return to “Work In Progress”