Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Tiger 1

Re: New to FC or not so new? Introduce yourself here.

Post by Tiger 1 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi John

A warm welcome to Fighter Control... its a great forum full of friendly and knowledgable members with a vast knowledge of all things aviation.

T1

Buddiebeeroy

Post by Buddiebeeroy » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:32 pm

Hi , wonder if someone can advise . I’m relatively new here and haven’t posted much but I wanted to post the Reds timing for this Saturday at Irvine festival but there doesn’t seem to be any means for me to do so in the current thread . I know it’s not a biggie and the weather won’t be great but there may be some who want to know. I understand there are some restrictions on new posters, perhaps some kind admin could copy the link into appropriate place .

Many thanks 🙏

https://www.makingwavesfestival.co.uk/activities.html

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:42 am

Buddiebeeroy wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:32 pm
Hi , wonder if someone can advise . I’m relatively new here and haven’t posted much but I wanted to post the Reds timing for this Saturday at Irvine festival but there doesn’t seem to be any means for me to do so in the current thread . I know it’s not a biggie and the weather won’t be great but there may be some who want to know. I understand there are some restrictions on new posters, perhaps some kind admin could copy the link into appropriate place .

Many thanks 🙏

It's nothing to do with you being a newish member, it appears that all of the threads below the Shuttleworth section in this section are 'read-only' to members :- viewforum.php?f=145

I've asked Admin to resolve this issue.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Buddiebeeroy

Post by Buddiebeeroy » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:16 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:42 am
Buddiebeeroy wrote:

Many thanks 🙏

It's nothing to do with you being a newish member, it appears that all of the threads below the Shuttleworth section in this section are 'read-only' to members :- viewforum.php?f=145

I've asked Admin to resolve this issue.

Thanks Mike , I thought It may have been me being a wee bit dim :lol:

Barks

Post by Barks » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:15 pm

Hello All

I've just found this forum, having happened upon it when searching for historic RAF accidents. The one that I was looking for was a former colleague, PV Lloyd, who hit the cliffs near St Abbs Head when they were shrouded in cloud or fog. I've often wondered what he thought was happening when he entered the crud.

I'm retired RAF, a lifetime of flying. I was on the first Hawk course at Valley (and first First Solo student, July 1977), followed by Hunters at Brawdy, Jaguars at Lossiemouth and Brüggen, Jet Provosts (teaching navigators) at Finningley, Tornado GR1s at Laarbruch, F16s in Florida (instructing), Tornado GR1s at Marham, MOD tours then Tornado GR1/4 at Brüggen again. I finished my flying with the University of London Air Squadron at Wyton and Wittering, flying the little moped of the skies, the Grob Tutor.

Now I have little drones to satisfy my flying urge, but only as an airborne photography system.

I look forward to discovering all manner of stuff from old hands . . .
~ >––}> DJI Mini 3 Pro, Fujifilm X100, X-E3, X-T30 & Lumix TZ200

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:35 pm

Hi Barks

A warm welcome to Fighter Control... its a great forum full of friendly and knowledgable members with a vast knowledge of all things aviation.

You have had a very interesting career by the looks of it... I worked at RAF Bawtry & RAF Finningley from the late 70s to the mid 90s.

Enjoy the forum. :thumb:

T1

Richard B

Post by Richard B » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 am

Buddiebeeroy wrote:

Many thanks 🙏

Other Airshows & Events would be the place to post this.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:25 am

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum :thumbs:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:48 am

Buddiebeeroy wrote:

Many thanks 🙏

Post it as a new thread in here (as already suggested by Richard B) :- viewforum.php?f=341&start=510
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Barks

Post by Barks » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:58 am

Tiger 1 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:35 pm
Hi Barks

You have had a very interesting career by the looks of it... I worked at RAF Bawtry & RAF Finningley from the late 70s to the mid 90s.

Enjoy the forum. :thumb:

T1
Thanks for that welcome, T1. Bawtry and Finningley are echoes from the past! I drove past FY a few years ago and say loads of large aircraft; the place was completely transformed. I was there 1982 to 1985, on the JP Low Level Sqn, teaching navs low level and visual navigation. I didn't want to go to the posting, but it got me my F16 tour, strange to relate :-)

Barks
~ >––}> DJI Mini 3 Pro, Fujifilm X100, X-E3, X-T30 & Lumix TZ200

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:40 pm

Hi Barks

Your welcome... yes FY is certainly different today... I was at Bawtry with No1 Strike Command 1979 to 84 then transferred to Finningley late 84 to 1996 with 6FTS.

Liked it at Bawtry but the move to Finningley came with perks... had a few flights with the sqns during my time including a JP T5 XW296 (Q)... who knows... you might have flown that one in your time there. :lol:

So It looks like we were on the same base at the same time for a short while :D

Enjoy the forum.

T1

Fighterjets546

Post by Fighterjets546 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:46 am

I love reading all these stories of how you all love planes so much and how it all started for you.

Thank you for sharing them all.

Rups

Post by Rups » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:23 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Ruben, I’m 30 years old. I’m from the Netherlands and I’m an aviation fanatic for a couple years now! I love to take pictures of mostly helicopters and fighter jets! In the Netherlands we have some very good spots for both of those categories, but I also go to Belgium a couple times a year and when I have more time I love to go to England! So many RAF’s there!! 2 weeks ago we could all go to RIAT again finally! It was my 5th time and it was so fun to be there again.

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:39 pm

Hello Rups

Enjoy the forum.

T1

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:18 am

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum :thumbs:

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

DanH

Post by DanH » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:33 pm

Greetings All

I've been a member for a while now so I thought it was about time I said hello.

I've been going to Airshows since I was very young, in fact one of my earliest memories was going to the Biggin Hill Airshow in the early 90s with a broken arm and getting my cast signed by all nine Red Arrows pilots. Unfortunately when the time came for the cast to be taken off, the Doctor wouldn't allow me to keep it, and I am yet to forgive him for his treachery.

I'm into aviation photography and have been taking it seriously for the last decade or so, so I'm mainly here to keep an eye out for photographic opportunities local to me, as I live pretty close to Fairford and Brize.

Keep up the good work 👍🏻

Dan

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:42 pm

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum Dan :thumbs:

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

DanH

Post by DanH » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:25 pm

Thanks Paddyboy

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:59 pm

Hi Dan

Welcome aboard... its a great forum as Im sure you will agree.

T1

Matt_Rowley

Post by Matt_Rowley » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:23 am

Good Morning FC....!!

New to the forum (as of last night) and currently based in Berkshire, not too far from Heathrow. No aviation heritage but my dad served in the Navy for a while. Spent some time mainly in LFA7 but also a stint the lakes a couple of years ago - hoping to drop into Lakenheath at some point for some spotting.

Thanks

Return to “The Newbie Forum”