Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Hi everyone

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
Danuleson

Hi everyone

Post by Danuleson » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:06 am

Just waned to say hello and introduce myself.
Great to finally be on the forum, and looking forward to getting to know the site and its members :thumb:
I'm a keen photographer, local to Mildenhall, Lakenheath and Marham.

Happy New Year all

paddyboy

Re: Hi everyone

Post by paddyboy » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:16 am

Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum :thumbs:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Danuleson

Post by Danuleson » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:23 pm

paddyboy wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:16 am
Welcome aboard the friendly aviation forum :thumbs:

Paddyboy :clap:
Cheers Paddyboy, thanks for the warm welcome :D

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:34 pm

Hi Danuleson

Happy New Year and a very warm welcome to Fighter Control.

FC is a great place full of friendly people with a vast knowledge of all things aviation from photography to serials.

If you have any questions or need help with something... then please just ask as I'm sure the guys on here will be able and happy to help.

Wow 😲 living near Mildenhall, Lakenheath and Marham you lucky fellow... all are ideal locations for our hobby and I'm sure the guys on here will agree when I say I am looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Have fun on the forum... enjoy :thumb:

Regards.

T1

Danuleson

Post by Danuleson » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:05 pm

Tiger 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:34 pm
Hi Danuleson

Happy New Year and a very warm welcome to Fighter Control.

FC is a great place full of friendly people with a vast knowledge of all things aviation from photography to serials.

If you have any questions or need help with something... then please just ask as I'm sure the guys on here will be able and happy to help.

Wow 😲 living near Mildenhall, Lakenheath and Marham you lucky fellow... all are ideal locations for our hobby and I'm sure the guys on here will agree when I say I am looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Have fun on the forum... enjoy :thumb:

Regards.

T1
Thanks so much T1, Happy New Year to you too.
Their are so many different areas on the forum, so may take a little time to get myself up to speed and see everything.

I'm living in a bit of a triangle to be honest, get the Ospreys, tankers and the rest of Mildenhall traffic flying over us on approach, also the same for Lakenheath aircraft.
The Marham jets I don't see too often from my house, but they do venture our way occasionally.
Quite lucky where I am, and only a shortish drive to each base.

Cheers :thumbs:

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Your very welcome... your very lucky being that short drive away... wish I was... 300 mile round trip for me... Well worth it though 😁

Should be on the fence at LN on the 19th Jan and back down again for the Mildenhall Patch Meet on the 12 Feb... looking forward to it a lot... more trips planned this year as well 🤞 :thumb:

T1

Danuleson

Post by Danuleson » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:10 pm

Tiger 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:35 pm
Your very welcome... your very lucky being that short drive away... wish I was... 300 mile round trip for me... Well worth it though 😁

Should be on the fence at LN on the 19th Jan and back down again for the Mildenhall Patch Meet on the 12 Feb... looking forward to it a lot... more trips planned this year as well 🤞 :thumb:

T1
Crikey 300 mile round trip :O
Like you said though definitely worth it especially at Lakenheath, pretty much always some action going on there.
Never been to the patch meet yet, but really want to try and get to one. Will see if I can keep the 12th Feb free and try and pop in :)

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:14 pm

Hi Danuleson

Yes quite a drive but been doing it since 1986 so quite use to the journey now.

Ref the Patch Meet... just keep an eye on the Military Aviation Memoribila section and it will give you all the details in there.

There are four Meets through out the year with a good amount of sellers and collectors there each Meet... along with Sqns from Lakenheath and Mildenhall at most neeting selling their goodies.

If you are a patch collector... Its well worth popping down and becoming a member.

T1

Danuleson

Post by Danuleson » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Tiger 1 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:14 pm
Hi Danuleson

Ref the Patch Meet... just keep an eye on the Military Aviation Memoribila section and it will give you all the details in there.

There are four Meets through out the year with a good amount of sellers and collectors there each Meet... along with Sqns from Lakenheath and Mildenhall at most neeting selling their goodies.

If you are a patch collector... Its well worth popping down and becoming a member.

T1
Excellent, thanks very much for the info regarding the patch meet
I've also been frequenting the bases since the 80's, great times back then and I remember them fondly.
Used to be a regular visitor to the old RAF Mildenhall viewing area along the A1101 until security was tightened post 2001 and it was all fenced off and the new entrance gate installed.

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:25 pm

Danuleson wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:44 pm
Tiger 1 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:14 pm
Hi Danuleson

T1
Excellent, thanks very much for the info regarding the patch meet
I've also been frequenting the bases since the 80's, great times back then and I remember them fondly.
Used to be a regular visitor to the old RAF Mildenhall viewing area along the A1101 until security was tightened post 2001 and it was all fenced off and the new entrance gate installed.
Your very welcome... glad to help.

Yes remember that viewing area well and the days when you could drive all the way around the base with a stop off at the Starlifter Bar and breakfast at Mickeys Tea Bar... Great times.

T1

Return to “The Newbie Forum”