Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Airfixpilot back online again.

For beginners to the hobby to have all those "newbie" questions answered...
airfixpilot
Location: Sth killingholme, Nth Lincolnshire. Home of the OIL Refinerys: LOL

Airfixpilot back online again.

Post by airfixpilot » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:58 am

Due to other commitments I have been away for a long while. I am still into aviation in all aspects, including civil and military monitoring. I have just uprated My home base antenna to a diamond d777 (civil/military dedicated antenna), which is mounted on a 25-30 foot pole. This is attached to a Realistic pro 2042 (1000 channel) scanner.
Other radios I have for portable use are Icom R5 & R6,Uniden UBC125 Xlt, AOR-Ar2700, and I have now passed My foundation armature radio licence, I have a Yaesu FT70D, which also can do both airbands. To be honest all My radios are second-hand, so do not cost a lot.
Photo wise, I have not been out much, but hope to get some shoots in this year. Must get to the Armed forced day Cleethorpes and local airbases/airports.
I have a bracket ready for a new pole and antenna, when I get round to it. This will be for a general scanning antenna, for general airband and other frequency scanning.
Photographic wise, the cameras are second-hand including the lenses. Nikon D300/ Nikon D3000. Biggest lens is a nikon 70-300mm.

hope to see you guys around
David aka Airfixpilot
WATCHING & LISTENING IN LINCOLNSHIRE
Keep Calm & Carry On, Stay Positive & Chill.

Chill to Military Airband in the background with a coffee & Biscuits.
Listening into airband on the east coast of Lincolnshire.

David

thesecretsquirrel

Re: Airfixpilot back online again.

Post by thesecretsquirrel » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:24 pm

Welcome back 👍🏻
Regnum Defende

Return to “The Newbie Forum”