Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

LOG: Nairobi - JKIA March 2022

sschofield

LOG: Nairobi - JKIA March 2022

Post by sschofield » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:44 am

Morning all,

I was fortunate enough to spend a few days last week working at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, Kenya. An interesting place!

On arrival in the early hours of Tuesday 8th March, the Northside military ramp contained 3 C-27J's, assumed to be the 3 Kenyan AF machines (222), (224) and (226). Later that morning only 2 of these 3 were visible, and ADSB suggested (222) was flying locally (can't remember the callsign it was using!). There was also a high-wing smaller aircraft which I suspect was probably one of the C-145s they recently acquired, but without any means to check this one remained unidentified.

Wednesday 9th saw a mostly- if not all-white DHC-8 arrive, showing on ADSB as (N406VA). Looking at the flight history this seems to shuttle around this region, presumably doing something sneaky. The Kenyan Governemnt Fokker 70 (KAF308) also arrived during the day.

As I said, I was working, so these were just noted during bits of "downtime". There are a huge amount of stored/dumped aircraft around the airfield, possibly including the 2 Somalian AF Antonovs that were here, but I couldn't confirm that!

Return to “Rest of the World”