Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FRIAT 2023 prices

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
Blackcat1

Re: FRIAT 2023 prices

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:02 pm

podge wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:01 pm
No worries, always happy to help a fellow spotter where possible :thumb:
Aww bless ya. Many thanks .
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:05 pm

Here is the FRIAT Update

FRIAT Update – Pricing FAQs

Dear FRIAT Member,

The views of our customers are important to us, which is why we strive to include these views in our decision-making process. After almost three years without a show, there have inevitably been changes that we have had to make. It’s for this reason that we have pulled together the following sheet of FAQs about changes we have made to our FRIAT offering in response to the feedback we received since last week.

So, why have the prices increased and our FRIAT packages changed?

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the RAFTCE has been in recovery mode to address the profound impact of two years of cancellations. Coupled with this we have faced massive increases in costs from our supplier base. Our single focus has been to keep RIAT on this road to recovery by delivering this year’s show with exciting aircraft from across the world. With prices continuing to rise since our 2022 Forum in April, we have had to review our pricing continually to protect our future and ensure we can continue to deliver RIAT for many years to come, and not reduce the quality of the offer to the Friends of RIAT.

In recent years, we have seen a trend towards FRIAT members preferring a six-day ticket. In 2013, we sold just over 1,300 packages across all three levels, in 2022 we have over 1,300 just booked on Mach3. Our capacity in the enclosure is now 1,950 and year-on-year the demand for Mach3 sales has increased.

FRIAT members can choose from four price bands with the flexibility to choose when they use their tickets over the six days. The six-day package has not changed. On the Wednesday, the FRIAT enclosure is not open so everyone will have access to Park & View (P&V). On the Thursday and Monday, everyone will have the choice between P&V or the Grandstand which is how it has always been for Mach3 members.

What are the differences between the different bands?

Band A are our ultimate seats, at the top of the Grandstand in row A at the top of the stairs (only 34 seats)
Band B seats are in the remainder of row A, plus seats 1&2 in all rows, the two aisle seats on every row, and the bottom row (608 seats)
Band C seats are made up of the remaining seats in rows B, C, D, E & F (770 seats)
Band D seats are the remaining seats in rows G, H, J & K (588 seats)

Can I still pay by Standing Order?

Yes, you can still pay by standing order which will be over five payments with the first one due in October or November 2022.

How do I book for 2023?

Numbered booking forms will continue to be handed out at the Blue Entry gate on the Thursday morning and will also be available to pick up from the enclosure over the show weekend. The deadline by which the form will need to be returned will be made clear on the form. After that date, our FRIAT Enclosure Manager will process the orders in number order, allocating the requested seats. This process is the same as previous years, only this time instead of requesting either a two, four or six-day pass you will request the specific seat in which you want to sit.

Do we still get the Loyalty Discount?

Yes there is no change in how the Loyalty Discount is applied to your bookings in 2023.

In summary, FRIAT members are, and always will be, a major part of a successful RIAT. It is essential that we maintain your support to ensure future generations can have the opportunity to enjoy the world’s premium air show and that you are able to enjoy the experience that you demand and deserve.

The Royal International Air Tattoo
I'm sure there will be a lot of people going for band A and moan when they don't. I'm happy with Band B . Just hope there are sears available when I can get a form
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Why the blazes didn’t they just clarify all that before they opened the can of worms? Maybe a few changes came about between the original message and that update, especially about direct debits.

TARGET

Post by TARGET » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 pm

I phoned and complained to Wendy this morning regarding the previous lack of clarity re bookings for 2023.There was no information before regarding the different bands and they also seem to have changed the booking and payment details.Personally i fully understand that prices have to increase but now feel much happier with the arrangements.

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:41 am

I've never done FRIAT before but I'm considering it for next year - is the only way to get FRIAT tickets to obtain a form from the stand on the airshow weekend?

Mike

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:13 am

Hi Mike,

Yes that would be your best bet and how I did it before. Think you have to mention when you go to the FRIAT enclosure that you are after a booking form and they'll point you there.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:24 pm

Mike

I'll get you one if you would like? I'm there from Friday. Sadly can't get there Wednesday or Thursday this year because damn work.

Give me a message closer to the time and I can meet you with the form

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:26 pm

reaper493 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:41 am
I've never done FRIAT before but I'm considering it for next year - is the only way to get FRIAT tickets to obtain a form from the stand on the airshow weekend?

Mike
They go on general sale via the website around September usually. However FRIAT members get advanced purchase on them. So the top tiers will most likely be gone by the time they go on general sale.
AirshowsNI

2022 Airshows
Queens Jubilee Flypast
Cosford
RIAT
Portrush

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Gary wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:24 pm
Mike

I'll get you one if you would like? I'm there from Friday. Sadly can't get there Wednesday or Thursday this year because damn work.

Give me a message closer to the time and I can meet you with the form
That would be great, thanks Gary - I'm at the show Sunday :thumb:

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:19 pm

No worries, I'll pick you a form up :thumb:

Return to “RIAT”