Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Thank You

Post information relating to the Royal International Air Tattoo here.
PC4

Thank You

Post by PC4 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 am

I would just like to say a big thank you to all those who like me worked at Fairford for RIAT and use this site , I think we put on a brilliant show in extremely challenging conditions after a two year gap. I have not read all the feedback but think most enthusiasts enjoyed it, well done. :thumbs:

Paul Eng Team.

slogen51

Re: Thank You

Post by slogen51 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:47 am

As a simple number cruncher I thought it was a bl##dy good show

I had a couple of pints of cider , purely for liquid replenishment at £6-00 per pint, £1-50 more than my local which I didn't think was too bad considering

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:32 pm

I thought the show was extremely good... you guys did a fantastic job in getting in what you did for the show... not an easy task I would have thought under the current circumstances with one thing and another.

My only niggle was nothing really big in the flying display... I know we had a A330 and the Baluga on Saturday but something like a C17 display again would have been nice and such an impressive sight to watch.

But that's me just being a bit piccy... looking forward to to next year's RIAT now with hopefully nothing getting in the way of the planning.

Great achievement by all the RIAT Team.

Many thanks.

T1

Seahornet1

Post by Seahornet1 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:27 am

It was a brilliant show, well done to all!

But even if it had been rubbish, we still owe a big, big thank you to all the staff, volunteers, crews etc., for all their hard work and dedication! :clap:

PC4

Post by PC4 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:24 am

Thanks everyone for the comments, we do try our best. Don't think there were many large cargo aircraft available (C-17) as reflected by the lack of them in the static.

PC4.

Dave1316

Post by Dave1316 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:22 am

It was a great weekend. Well done to everybody who helped to get the show back on track after a 2 year gap. I can't wait for the 2023 now.
'You can't kill a Squadron'

The Cat

Post by The Cat » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:53 am

Yes...well done to everyone and the entrance security seemed a lot more cheerful than usual in what must be a frustrating task.

Snoop55

Post by Snoop55 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:20 am

I'd to like to give my thanks to a very good show.

Back from a two year absence and the challenges I thought it was a great show. I'll share my constructive thoughts with the "Tattoo" team - mainly tweeking.

Like others cannot wait till 2023!!!

warthog56

Post by warthog56 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:58 pm

Fabulous show especially given the enforced break. I went Friday and Saturday and took the opportunity to talk to the volunteers, some aircrew and several "casual" visitors which was really enjoyable. The feedback from them was good except for major problems with some of the vacuum loos not working and a shortage of loo paper! Felt sorry though for the young people who were attending in groups on the Friday - their pocket money wouldn't go very far on ice creams or cool drinks. But it was nice to see so much enthusiasm around the showground. Let's hope world events improve so that next year can be even bigger and better!

mudhen15

Post by mudhen15 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:59 am

Thank you for all the time and effort that went into a great show. Some of the static, I thought was very thoughtfully laid out, the A-4 with a clear background and the Helicopters side on enabled clear photos, spring to mind.

Vulture 01

Post by Vulture 01 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:41 pm

Must agree with all the positive comments above. The amount of planning and preparation you guys do is huge. We went on Friday, and had an easy trip both in and out. The following Monday we sat in traffic for two hours to travel a mile or so up Farnborough high street. When we got there the quality and quantity on display was nowhere near what we'd seen a few days before. Having 'done' RIAT since 1976, whilst it wasn't the best ever, it was very, very good! Seeing the E4 go around and visual circuit was mind blowing. Thank you, see you next year.

CourtneyBlockley

Post by CourtneyBlockley » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:47 am

Great show! My first visit to RIAT, and it’s definitely going to be an annual trip for me.

MarkL

Post by MarkL » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:09 am

Yep... well done to all the teams that made it happen, fantastic job in my opinion.

Took forever to to come around and went so fast... roll on next year.

Return to “RIAT”