Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Farnborough Airshow Parking.

Post information relating to Farnborough here.
Maverick231

Farnborough Airshow Parking.

Post by Maverick231 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Please forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times but me and the better half want to make the long treck over for Fan Friday and I was wondering what parking is available to outside the gate visitors?
The Harrier Jump Jet - The best there is, The best there was and The best there ever will be!
Model Harriers in the stash = 73 and counting.

eagle driver

Re: Farnborough Airshow Parking.

Post by eagle driver » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Parking around the outside of Farnborough has been severely restricted around the airfield this year , No access at all to Eelmoor bridge 06 end . no public allowed under the approach at this end during the display
24 End, restricted access to roads off Farnborough road with no left or right turns until North camp rd To gain access into this area you must turn left at the Boundary road Traffic lights and then seek parking where permitted
Next alternative is the Costco carpark Situated at the junction of the A327 Elles rd & Templar avenue .
Fairly quiet when I was there briefly wed afternoon I imagine this will be busier on the public days if actually open .
So in a nutshell if you can find somewhere to park you will be afforded limited views of the show with hordes of security telling you , that you cant park there
I live 8 miles from Farnborough and even I am not going to go back for what is actually being offered to the public, its just not worth it

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Why not park on one of the show park and ride car parks? Unless things have changed you don't show a ticket until you get to the entrance to the airshow. You can then get the bus to the entrance and walk off or pay on the gate to get in.
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

sneezy24

Post by sneezy24 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Or use the train. Free shuttle bus from North Camp, Farnborough Main and Aldershot. I use this every time I come to F'Boro, very easy.
Canon EOS 80D
Canon 70-300 USM II
Canon 18-135 USM
Uniden 125XLT
Canon 50mm 1.8
Panasonic Lumix TZ70

Skymaster

Post by Skymaster » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:27 pm

eagle driver wrote:Parking around the outside of Farnborough has been severely restricted around the airfield this year , No access at all to Eelmoor bridge 06 end . no public allowed under the approach at this end during the display
According to this, the MoD land to the West of Fleet Rd, where hundreds of locals normally go, might be closed too.

This is where I normally go, so I'm now at a bit of a loss.

"We have also requested that the Ministry of Defence close a section of their land to the South West of the airfield. This will be between 7am and 7pm and will include Miles Hill where people will no longer be permitted to congregate to watch aircraft."

I note that they've "requested" it, but not confirmed. There are many access points to that area, so may be difficult to enforce if hundreds of people decide that they're going to their usual viewing spot. :whistle:

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:37 pm

I was there (inside) on Wednesday and parked in the Eelmore bridge carpark (Gate I). There were a few spotters on the outside of the fence there when we entered (circa 09:30) and when we left (circa 15:30). The road to Eelmore bridge from the north west was open till about 1pm. It was open for exiting traffic to the south east all day. I don't think you can enter via Gate I from the south east, or exit to the North west at all due to central reservation barriers.

The main car parks are on Queens parade to the south east of the base, with shuttle busses running you to the show.

Skymaster

Post by Skymaster » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 am

Can anyone confirm if the MoD land is closed to the public today?

TIA

Edit. Answering my own question...

There were "security" people at the road closure barriers near The Foresters pub on Aldershot Road, saying that you could walk on down if you wanted to, but the police would turn you back.

I ended up at the Gloster pub, at the Eastern end. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Return to “Farnborough”