Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford's Naughty Field

Post information relating to any Duxford show here.
RedEagle

Re: Duxford's Naughty Field

Post by RedEagle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:59 pm

So gentlemen
Post Legends, what is the verdict. Is the naughty field no more? :pop:

jem60

Post by jem60 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:39 am

It would appear to have been consigned to history.

markranger

Post by markranger » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:18 am

Can you still stand on Grange road?
Also is the school still open as normal?
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:59 am

As far as I'm aware the school is open but everything else closed off as per the last two airshows.

Brian

markranger

Post by markranger » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:43 am

Pen Pusher wrote:As far as I'm aware the school is open but everything else closed off as per the last two airshows.

Brian
Thanks Brian, :thumb:
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

Crazylegs

Post by Crazylegs » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 am

Blue Diamond wrote:
jem60 wrote:This is getting a bit silly, isn't it? Surely it must be realised by anyone with a bit of commonsense that having two hundred people [lets say] in the naughty field poses more of a risk of injury than having two? That is why they were asked to leave, because permitting them to stay would leave it open to others to join them. Just in case you didn't know it it, being airside on any airfield has it's own dangers, but people are still get employed to be there, and are permitted to do so, but the public are not, or are you suggesting that because the workers are allowed to be in that position, then it is o.k. for you to be there??. I assume your comment re the risk assessment has to be tongue in cheek. I can also assure you that risk assessments are most certainly carried out. My wife is a Volunteer in the F.O.D tent on Airshow days, and even dealing with people, serving tea and coffee etc. has to have it's own risk assessment and training!!!
For your information I was a paying member of the public on Sunday. I happen to know about Duxford and risk assessments, as an organisation I belong to enquired about having a fund raising stall and saw what IWM requires by way of risk assessments etc. I'm not quite sure what risk assessment would enable a worker policing the naughty field to avoid a plummeting warbird should the unthinkable happen, unless of course the assessment considers the event so unlikely that said workers are not putting themselves in positions of undue danger.
What about the several hundred people just a couple a hundred yards away all in the School grounds and fields watching the show from there who have paid the school to do so, a plummeting warbird is just as likely to take that out too, I bet the school governors carry on with the fund raising the airshow brings and still rent out the grounds to whoever pays there £10!
Just as your hand has the power to hide the sun, mediocrity has the power to hide your inner light!

Uniden UBC3500XLT
Uniden UBC125XLT
Realistic Pro-50

Canon XTC
Sony Cybershot WX80HD

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:24 am

Crazylegs wrote:What about the several hundred people just a couple a hundred yards away all in the School grounds and fields watching the show from there who have paid the school to do so, a plummeting warbird is just as likely to take that out too, I bet the school governors carry on with the fund raising the airshow brings and still rent out the grounds to whoever pays there £10!
Exactly, it's outrageous, aircraft will be falling from the sky over everybody, let's ban all airshows immediately, that'll reduce the risk........

or shall we just employ a little common sense and intellect here in this discussion and not dissect every statement the the nth degree to try and prove it wrong?

Supra

Post by Supra » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Whilst acknowledging the relatively recent obsession with copious risk assessment & potentially incurring the wrath of anybody who 'earns their crust' re-stating the obvious....isn't risk assessment just 99% putting common-sense in writing? Thereby limiting any potential litigation against the Parties deemed responsible for the foreseeable consequences of an individuals actions.
Risk Assessment does highlight some items which can be addressed & subsequently may reduce the chance of an incident, BUT it won't ever stop the unbelievable 'one in a million' chance occurrence! There wouldn't be a very high attendance at any Duxford event if the Public read & understood a comprehensive Risk Assessment for travelling by car, bus or train to such an event. Don't even get me started about the near suicidal habit of riding a motor-cycle. (sorry Brian!)
As a devout atheist I choose where I go & how, preferring instead to subscribe to the 'Final Destination' theory, when it's your time to go...GO you will!

Dan214sqn

Post by Dan214sqn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:13 pm

A world and a THREAD gone mad

Crazylegs

Post by Crazylegs » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:45 am

Agent K wrote:
Crazylegs wrote:What about the several hundred people just a couple a hundred yards away all in the School grounds and fields watching the show from there who have paid the school to do so, a plummeting warbird is just as likely to take that out too, I bet the school governors carry on with the fund raising the airshow brings and still rent out the grounds to whoever pays there £10!
Exactly, it's outrageous, aircraft will be falling from the sky over everybody, let's ban all airshows immediately, that'll reduce the risk........
or shall we just employ a little common sense and intellect here in this discussion and not dissect every statement the the nth degree to try and prove it wrong?
Just sayin!!!!!
Just as your hand has the power to hide the sun, mediocrity has the power to hide your inner light!

Uniden UBC3500XLT
Uniden UBC125XLT
Realistic Pro-50

Canon XTC
Sony Cybershot WX80HD

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am

Agent'K' I guess Crazylegs was replying to my much earlier post. Couldn't find the will to reply. Must be getting old. [74 tomorrow] Yikes!!!!!. :(

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Jem60 yeh I imagine so, and happy birthday too! Have a lovely day.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:16 am

Ta muchly. :) :) :)

darkman

Post by darkman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Anyone any photos or a link to photos taken from the school field.

Curious as to view from here as an option rather than going to the show both days
Planned trips
Ferte Alais
Cosford
SW Fly Navy
SW Evening AS
RIAT
Sanicole

jwramsay

Post by jwramsay » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

This video of Sunday's Duxford Flying legends airshow is taken from across the road from what I presume is the Naughty Field, as security were guarding entrances to the field between our road and the M11 motorway:

https://youtu.be/EoQ2Dc_n2qY
Scottish Aviation Photographers (SAP) - Facebook

Return to “Duxford Shows”