Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford's Naughty Field

Post information relating to any Duxford show here.
Bernie

Re: Duxford's Naughty Field

Post by Bernie » Wed May 25, 2016 9:29 am

personally still want to push their luck with the Law etc
Even driven at exceeded a speed limit? Gone through an Amber Traffic Light? Pulled out when you shouldn't? If you are honest, you'll answer yes to all of those. So all are dangerous, all are illegal, all are more than pushing luck not just with law and all are putting OTHER people in danger irrespective of their wishes, something that isn't being down here.
So I think the lectures are a tad hypocritical don't you?
In this case people are saying that they think they should decide for whatever reason that they should have responsibility for their own safety. If indeed safety is the issue and that isn't as clear as you and others would like us to believe.
And secondly, as I keep saying trying to blame those who opt not to go inside DUX for photographic reasons, isn't the full story. There are a lot of others who go into the fields and worse who are not there for that reason, they are there because they live there and want to watch. Strangely, none of them are being attacked..........Just making the point.
Oddly as well, the very same people aren't making the same comments about the outside areas at RIAT. Again, weakens the point being made.

Goosebumps

Post by Goosebumps » Thu May 26, 2016 4:48 am

As an avid supporter of school funds and a regular visitor to the "field" I have decided to play the game and pay to go in. However it will be tomorrow(Friday). Hopefully see some arrivals and maybe some practicing. With less crouds I may be able to position myself on either side of that massive great tent that's positioned itself on the centreline for the privileged few.
Unfortunately because of the overpriced Pre booked tickets I will have to go it alone as to take a family and make a 200 mile trip twice over one weekend is out of the question so DUXFORD I hope it's worth it
Naturally enough I will make an observation of the surrounding area
As someone mentioned previously next weeks forum should make interesting reading

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Thu May 26, 2016 6:39 am

Goosebumps wrote:With less crouds I may be able to position myself on either side of that massive great tent that's positioned itself on the centreline for the privileged few.
What privileged few? The smaller of the two tents is for the pilots and ground crews and the other is for Gold and Silver Pass holder, PASSES YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR, so not exactly privileged. Neither of which are on the centre line by the way. With the new rules that's the VC-10 now.
Goosebumps wrote: and a regular visitor to the "field" ...........

.... so DUXFORD I hope it's worth it
So you are a freeloader complaining about the content of Duxford air shows that you don't contribute to by buying a ticket. Mmmmmm.

Brian

Goosebumps

Post by Goosebumps » Thu May 26, 2016 7:04 am

Please don't call me a freeloader. I've been going to duxford air shows since the year dot, and paid. Like I will tomorrow. Mmmmmmm. Gold and silver pass holders, friends of duxford. How much are they then. Oh yes and you need to stop being so angry

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Thu May 26, 2016 7:10 am

I'm not angry although I do wear a hat the has 'Grumpy Old Man' written on it. :D

romeo bravo

Post by romeo bravo » Thu May 26, 2016 7:43 am

wokka wrote:One thing is for sure, this thread is going to be interesting reading after the weekend!
How many people are going to comment that it was them who stopped the display because they want to catch 'that photo' from the Naughty Field, or even better, they have gained a caution from the CIVPOL for non-compliance to a public notice.

I wish people would just abide with what they are told; bet they wouldn't like it if people stood in their back yard or garden to get a better photo.......

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk » Thu May 26, 2016 7:59 am

romeo bravo wrote:
wokka wrote:One thing is for sure, this thread is going to be interesting reading after the weekend!
How many people are going to comment that it was them who stopped the display because they want to catch 'that photo' from the Naughty Field, or even better, they have gained a caution from the CIVPOL for non-compliance to a public notice.

I wish people would just abide with what they are told; bet they wouldn't like it if people stood in their back yard or garden to get a better photo.......

They wont - but the people that are inside and unhappy at stoppage of displays will post about it.
Whisky Connoisseur, Darts Player for the Jolly Sailor and Watford Fan

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Thu May 26, 2016 8:39 am

And there will be enough people inside with a long enough lens to post photos of the violaters on social media.

Brian

Molitor5901

Post by Molitor5901 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:41 am

I cannot see the local boys in blue having the resources to police any naughty field occupants!

As for the "why don't people just do as they are told" ....where have you been living for the past 30 years? People these days think have they have the God given right to do whatever they please, whenever they please, and see "getting caught" as a minor irritant... I am not saying its right, but that's the way it is.

I am sure there will be people where they shouldn't be,this weekend, but will they stop the display?

I doubt it....
Canon EOS 300D. 20D,50D,7D, Canon 10-18mm STM, Canon 18-55mm IS, 55-250mm IS, 18-200mm IS, 70-300mm IS USM

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:17 am

Oh dear, some very sad angry people on here!!! For safety reasons,i think they should close,the M11,A505 and A11 when flying starts,best be on the safe side!!! :thumbs:

Chris Procter

Post by Chris Procter » Thu May 26, 2016 9:23 am

My question is
if the farmer and his family and friends decides he wants to stand in his own field doing what ever be that digging up his field or taking pics of anything he likes the airshow will be cancelled - if so the airshows are finished in the UK

to me this whole thing is a total fiasco

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:30 am

Thats a load of rubbish!!!

C24

Post by C24 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:53 am

... but it makes amusing reading ;)

[ For Mike, :halo: :thumbs: :D :) :S :Oops: :roll: & :( ].

Please make a post if you are intercepted. :Oops:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

romeo bravo

Post by romeo bravo » Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 am

Pen Pusher wrote:And there will be enough people inside with a long enough lens to post photos of the violaters on social media.

Brian
Like the idea :whistle:

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:23 am

Shows their not interested in planes,if they would rather take photos of people standing the otherside of the airfield,sounds quite sad to me!!! :S

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 am

basha3738 wrote:Shows their not interested in planes,if they would rather take photos of people standing the otherside of the airfield,sounds quite sad to me!!! :S
There wouldn't be anything flying as it would have been stopped.

Brian

basha3738

Post by basha3738 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 pm

It won't be, to much money involved !!! If they were that worried about safety,they would close the big roads,but they won't do that,will they..Like i said, soon as the airshows starts,all roads should be shut...

Goosebumps

Post by Goosebumps » Thu May 26, 2016 12:26 pm

On a serious note. Is the school open?

eagle1

Post by eagle1 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:45 pm

I think the school will be open to give all those naughty field occupants a detention for being naughty :lol:
Uniden UBC125XLT/Roof top aerial
Yupiteru MVT5000
Canon 80D
Canon 600D
Canon EF-S 55-250
Sigma 150-600 C
Plane Plotter
360 Radar

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

https://www.flickr.com/photos/martin_a/

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Goosebumps wrote:Please don't call me a freeloader. I've been going to duxford air shows since the year dot, and paid. Like I will tomorrow. Mmmmmmm. Gold and silver pass holders, friends of duxford. How much are they then. Oh yes and you need to stop being so angry
and what is so wrong with being a Friend of Duxford? Just because we get a nice enclosure and tent, posh toilets , tea/coffee & biscuits, 20% of entry etc. I choose to be a member and as an oldie it cost's me £42 a year and i can go when ever I want, I think it's good value for money and makes me feel a small part of it. As Brian said - it's not a privilege, we pay for it.
admin on the sister forum, http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk
but being old and grey I like a bit of the military stuff too !

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group:

Return to “Duxford Shows”