Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Cosford Air Show 2021 - CANCELLED

Post information relating to Cosford airshow here.
Leuchars Fan

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2021 - CANCELLED

Post by Leuchars Fan » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:49 pm

It would appear the Government's lack of clarity over how close we're allowed to stand next to one another etc, is essentially the reason why and uncertainty over what might happen after 19 July, or indeed what exactly will or will not be permitted. I see Sanicole is going ahead with a very healthy line up. Although, tickets are severely limited. I do believe the SAGE folk are very much responsible for all this fear of one's own shadow stuff. Who'd have thought this time last year, when Oxford/Astra Zenica and Pfizer were telling the world they might, just have might, an effective vaccine by the end of 2020. They surpassed all expectations. Nobody imagined we'd be disappearing up our own fundaments or that the government would be in as big an incompetent indecisive mess as they are, "with" not just one, not two but about four and rising, highly effective vaccines all available at once. Who'd have though after the experience of 2020, that the PM would repeat a past mistake by failing to stop access, immediately, from a country/region where a new unstudied variant of Covid 19 was creating the nightmare scenario that the most dramatic doom mongers were threatening us with last yeas, and continue to. Instead, Johnson did everything wrong again, not only did he dither, far too long, he set a generous limit for everyone infected with the new variant to get back over here pronto. Then there is the new look RAF, as risk averse as any town council. However, where the real money is, Wembley! Different story. :thumbs:

LF

65thAgressor

Post by 65thAgressor » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:14 pm

This would have been my first Cosford show. If things are back to normal next year I won't be going. Holding the only Raf show at a museum site says it all. Dragging out museum pieces for a static display is embarrassing. The show should be at an operational base show the raf at its best. I remember Coningsby and Waddington come on let's show the modern day raf not what they used to be.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:18 pm

Many of those exhibits are from a time when the RAF was at its best!

65thAgressor

Post by 65thAgressor » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Yes they were but now they are in a museum. It does not show the modern Royal air force.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:39 pm

We don't exactly have the most extensive air force these days, it'd be a pretty short show...
Cameraless

Leuchars Fan

Post by Leuchars Fan » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:29 pm

I have a lot of sympathy with 65thaggressor, back in the post-war era when Battle of Britain "At Home" days did just what 65th suggests they should, Cosford was avoided as one of the many venues after 1960. The reason was the small runway lack of hard standings etc. Still, although a drop from 25, there were 16 RAF stations open to the public in 1961, all simultaneously however. There is an interesting, telling and slightly amusing moment during a local TV stations interview with personnel at RAF Coltishall on the eve of BoB day 1961, the interviewee, a young Flying officer from accounts is asked, how many RAF stations will be "At Home" tomorrow? answer; just 16 I'm afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKX1Xgba8Ns

Here it is! :cool:

LF

Return to “Cosford”