Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Scampton Air Show

Posts relating to information and discussion on the Scampton Airshow
Garysb

Scampton Air Show

Post by Garysb » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 pm

£39 a ticket plus £2 booking fee and you have to park on the Lincolnshire showground
But you can take an under 16 free

I dont think it will be on my list

http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/visi ... ow-tickets

Gary

MRTT

Re: Scampton Air Show

Post by MRTT » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:41 pm

No go for me also.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:46 pm

I've asked the Admin to put a Scampton section on the forum, so we can keep everything together :thumb:

I'm guessing the show will come in for a lot of flack at that price
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Wouldn't surprise me, can't see many families wanting to pay that price for what will most likely be a relatively small show.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:46 pm

looking at the arrivals and departures thurs/fri/mon in the viewing area you wont get many in there unlike Waddington!
Comfortably Numb

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Let's just say for ease of calculation that 60,000 people attend the show, the average coach is a 52 seater, that works out at 1153 coach journeys during the day and a lot of queuing to and from. Hope they get plenty of coaches and hope it doesn't rain for those attending if you can't nip back to your car.

Tiger 1

Post by Tiger 1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Scampton £39 + £2 booking fee

RIAT £42 + £2 booking fee

I know which show I will be doing.

T1

toom317

Post by toom317 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Ah, the old admin fee charge, compulsory and unavoidable. Fed up with this advance ticket sales only and off base parking that seems to be the standard for air shows now. Don't think I'll be bothering with this.
No one gets out of life alive.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Adam has created the Scampton section, topic will be moved shortly

page_verify

Post by page_verify » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:16 pm

I'll give their web site the benefit of the doubt, it's November and the show is 10 months away. They make good conversation about it being a premier day out, there's good enclosures to attend, there's the different zones for younger audiences etc. - but there's no mention of why you might want to go in the first place! I know that information will come, but until it does it's a web site that uses photos of RIAT at Fairford and doesn't even hint at whether this is a classic jet, military aircraft or a glider meetup! Just a message saying invites are out but replies aren't expected until early spring. That's understandable, but there's not even a hint that says they're aiming to get the latest frontline aircraft from European nations or vintage warbirds etc. etc. Cart before the horse here!

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Email sent out by RAFCT
RAF Charitable Trust Launches New Airshow

As a supporter of the Air Tattoo, we thought that you might be interested to hear about a new airshow run by our parent charity, the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust (RAFCT).

The Trust reached an agreement earlier this year with the Royal Air Force to organise an airshow at RAF Scampton. After many months of hard work, the Trust is now delighted to confirm that tickets for the airshow are now on sale. As with the Air Tattoo, under-16s will be able to attend for free when accompanied by a paying adult.

The two-day event will be held at RAF Scampton, home of the Red Arrows, just outside the Cathedral City of Lincoln, over 9-10 September 2017. To find out more about this new airshow, which will be raising funds for the RAF Charitable Trust, please click HERE.

tornado17

Post by tornado17 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Garysb wrote:£39 a ticket plus £2 booking fee and you have to park on the Lincolnshire showground
But you can take an under 16 free

I dont think it will be on my list

http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/visi ... ow-tickets

Gary
Tiger 1 wrote:Scampton £39 + £2 booking fee

RIAT £42 + £2 booking fee

I know which show I will be doing.

T1
If you a Defence Discount Service card holder, it's £30 entrance fee. Unfortunately, there is no discount on any of the enclosures or P&V days. I'm booked and also splashed out on an enclosure, hope it's worth it but time will tell!!! :pop:

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:48 pm

There's an interview with the airshow CEO and the airshow website. Where he indicated numbers could be around the 25,000 mark. Looks like it might be a case of booking early

http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/visiting/latest-news

Snafu

Post by Snafu » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 pm

We're all booked in to the Dambuster's enclosure. The Mrs and my 79 year old mum can't wait for it. If the Reds and the Falcons are there, they'll be quite content. That probably goes for the majority of people attending. Any pointy, noisy thing zooming around will satisfy them. I used to be hung up on what rarities we might see at Waddo etc, but now I'll gratefully accept whatever's on offer and rejoice that we will once again have a show to go to in Bomber County.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory!"

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

First participants? The Gazelle Squadron have self confirmed they will be taking part in the flying display with a 4 ship :thumb:
RAF Scampton Airshow
9-10 Sept 2017 RAF Scampton, Lincs

This will be the Gazelle Squadron's first display at the new RAF Scampton airshow, once again we will be displaying 4 Gazelles. This new event, raising funds to support the RAF Charitable Trust, will be held at RAF Scampton, the home of the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team - The Red Arrows. Full details.
http://www.gazellesquadron.co.uk/events ... lay-season

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Organisers of Cosford & RIAT say they don't know about this, would take it with a pinch of salt.

peasus911

Post by peasus911 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Has anyone who has booked with the addition of the grandstand to allow on site parking received their grandstand tickets yet. I booked mine in early December and not received anything in the post up to now.

starfighter

Post by starfighter » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:45 am

1 large camera bag , 1 rucksack, 1 set of steps 1 umbrella plus large rain coat and of course
WINDBREAKER, then there's pushchair, buggys and some people take those small tents.
No way will am I sitting on a bus / coach waiting for all that lot to faf about and load up .
Then the same on the way back + plus all the extra bag that where perched there ,
All that fun for only £41.
Have fun chaps.
Steve.

DAVEBRAD

Post by DAVEBRAD » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:48 am

At Waddo you could catch a bus to the show outside the rail station...

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:01 pm

starfighter wrote:1 large camera bag , 1 rucksack, 1 set of steps 1 umbrella plus large rain coat and of course
WINDBREAKER, then there's pushchair, buggys and some people take those small tents.
No way will am I sitting on a bus / coach waiting for all that lot to faf about and load up .
Then the same on the way back + plus all the extra bag that where perched there ,
All that fun for only £41.
Have fun chaps.
Steve.
Thank God Steps and Windbreakers are banned from Riat. Another good reason to give Scampton a miss!! :grr:
Cameraless

Return to “Scampton”