Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Viewing locations for Sennybridge/Epynt area

gnirtS

Viewing locations for Sennybridge/Epynt area

Post by gnirtS » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 am

Im relatively local to this range and have driven past the area many times but never really noticed any traffic.
Where are the better areas for seeing any sort of aircraft (fixed or rotary) in this range that are public accessible ? The only road i can recall is the B4519 that cuts through and some villages more north side. The actual access roads on the range (when open) are all marked no stopping so thats not an option.

Are there any stopping allowed roads or areas where you can drive (or walk to) and have a chance of seeing anything?

Also frequency wise, Lon Mil and 278.000 or are there range specific freqs im unaware of?

falconfighting

Re: Viewing locations for Sennybridge/Epynt area

Post by falconfighting » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:25 am

Gareth Williams aka 'Blackcat' on here will be able to help. The Daventry freq is the best for aircraft using the corridor to south wales - 282.575, I think Cardiff radar can be handy too. A few bits of traffic come through from Abergavenny or Hay, then Brecon and onto Sennybridge
Follow me on Twitter @Alex_lowfly

15/06/11 Flight in XX174 through the Mach Loop

Return to “Sennybridge”