Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Spotting / Photography?

Please post movements and activities to do with AAC Wattisham here
Osprey555

Spotting / Photography?

Post by Osprey555 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Planning on visiting in the next two weeks , I have looked through the guide given at the top of the Wattisham page but was wondering if anyone could offer a bit more in-depth advice on the best places for photography and at what times dependant on the sun. Also if someone has the most recent frequencies list.

Thanks
Instagram @harryp_images

gary1701

Re: Spotting / Photography?

Post by gary1701 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi there. If you have a look at some of the threads below and look for my posts in them it does give a reasonable overview of what to expect and how to maximize your photography chances at Wattisham. Have a look at the 'worth a visit' and 'Wattisham viewing' for starters.

Also the photo thread I ran here through May to July when I was able to spend a fair bit of time on the fence due to being furloughed from work gives an idea of the pics you can get as well as some more info. Link here;

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=189852

Known frequencies, assuming they haven't changed again in the last month or so;

Tower 388.350
Approach 389.225
Director 398.050
PAR 265.675
PAR 386.725
Approach (old) 277.725
Tower (old) 378.575
Wattisham Tower VHF 122.100
Approach VHF 125.800

Some of the above are repeated because Wattisham still seems to be using a mix of the old and new frequencies. Even the Apaches sometimes don't know what frequency to use! Anything that you want to know that I haven't covered in the other posts by all means ask.

Gary
My photo website

My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it! - John Belushi, 1941.

Osprey555

Re: Spotting / Photography?

Post by Osprey555 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi Gary , thanks a lot for your response very helpful and you have a great collection of photos. Hopefully with ex Talon Hydra ( i think it's called that) finishing on Friday , there will be enough going on to be worthwhile!
Instagram @harryp_images

Return to “AAC Wattisham”