Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

more fence damage

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Coningsby here
Discodaz

more fence damage

Post by Discodaz » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:15 am

After another trip to RAF Coningsby on Monday 7th march. i was sickened to note the temporary fencing that's been put in place near runway 7 end has been damaged. :grr:
this fencing has been put there due to the damage of the original fence ( presumably storm damage? ). it offers even more visibility as its steel mesh spaced about 2" apart as opposed to the close timber plank fence. yet someone has stretched the already wide enough wire mesh to aid a better view. Enough to get a lens through.
when are people going to realise they are only making things difficult for themselves. There is no need for mindless, selfish acts of vandalism.

there are so many examples of areas being shut off to spotters due to selfish individuals who flatly refuse to show any form of respect for anyone or any thing, not just at Coningsby but several bases/areas around the country.

when is this going to stop?

sorry if this has been covered before.

Daz

Rhubarb

Re: more fence damage

Post by Rhubarb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:22 pm

I absolutely agree ! I am much aggrieved about loosing my beloved "Mound"do to persistent activity by I believe not real plane spotting enthusiast ! This reached a crescendo during Covid. They could not go to Benidorm so with money their bought a tank gun camera and some old aircraft mags to become experts ??? Then took their potable barbies to photo fast jet's ! Will be glad when they get back on Jet2's. If they dont spoil it for us before they go.
"A Rhubarb" is a sortie of opportunity !

Raptor22

Post by Raptor22 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:20 pm

Oh can we no longer use the mound I've not been to conisby for a few years was hoping to go this year

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:05 pm

The Mound (last time I went) is/was more like a pile now, with a large piece of old machinery blocking the entrance, so cars could no longer drive down.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:19 pm

This hobby has been invaded by a Shambolic Crowd of Unaware Morons!

milky_01

Post by milky_01 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:56 am

We also pick all the rubbish left by the so called spotters,
Coningsby website http://milky01.co.uk
Follow Me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/milky01

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:11 pm

milky_01 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:56 am
We also pick all the rubbish left by the so called spotters,
well good for you milky..at least there are some decent individuals left about.. :thumbs:

Daz

jordan

Post by jordan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:00 am

I was at Lakenheath yesterday and a man in his 50s with green painted step ladders gently placed his drink cup on the floor .I didn't think much of it and about an hour later after a lot of jet movements, he disappeared. I happened to walk down to where he was standing, and there it still was on the ground.I threw it in the bin.I believe on carma as he fell off his steps taking photos.No harm to himself but maybe he might pick it up next time.Or likely he will not.

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:30 am

jordan wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:00 am
I was at Lakenheath yesterday and a man in his 50s with green painted step ladders gently placed his drink cup on the floor .I didn't think much of it and about an hour later after a lot of jet movements, he disappeared. I happened to walk down to where he was standing, and there it still was on the ground.I threw it in the bin.I believe on carma as he fell off his steps taking photos.No harm to himself but maybe he might pick it up next time.Or likely he will not.
i don't get annoyed easily but it frustrates the hell out of me people behaving this way. would they do this, or indeed allow others to do this in their own gardens?. i do believe things have got worse since lockdowns. people don't seem to give a damn anymore. not that they give much of one before :@

Daz

Andy12

Post by Andy12 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:16 am

The man with the green painted ladders was me, I did place my metal camping cup with rubber lid on the ground next to my car wheel whilst I took photos then came back and sat on my camping chair that was also next to the car and finished my drink! Needless to say I didn’t discard anything but I agree that others do. If there was a drinks cup it wasn’t from me.

jordan

Post by jordan » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:08 pm

The drinks cup was left at the end of the road near the fenceline.so if you had never left the car park area then it clearly wasn't you.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:40 pm

I was with Andy for much of the time by the forest entrance. He has a Thermos style cup and highly unlikely to leave it behind - it's not a ladder after all :)

I bets it's all over Facebook!

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:07 am

There's always on plonker trying to ruin things for the rest of us in this hobby..............

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:36 am

Unknown74 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:07 am
There's always on plonker trying to ruin things for the rest of us in this hobby..............
there is, but lets not forget, the majority are responsible people.

Daz

Rob666

Post by Rob666 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:55 am

This also happens at Fairford and not sure can always say its not spotters, as when you look at some of the gear they are using its more than just a fleeting investment. As always minority will spoil it for the majority.

Discodaz

Post by Discodaz » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:52 pm

i will always remember a few years ago on a trip to Coningsby, We was sat in our car in the main carpark having lunch and a silver vw across the way opened his/her car door and dropped out all their litter. crisp packets, Fanta cans etc and then drove off. they were literally 10 feet from several wheelie bins provided.

these are the types that cause the damage.

i live in a seaside resort. I see this all the time. Visitors who don't live there or care causing damage or littering.

Daz

cj9ru

Post by cj9ru » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:51 am

Drives me nuts as well. Currently down at Tattershall Lakes for my Coningsby fix. Although I never use any of the site’s facilities it is a great base. Last time I was at Lakenheath I filled half a bin bag with other folk’s rubbish before I left😡
You are all absolutely correct ..the actions of a minority in many things in life spoil it for the rest. I still can’t believe the fence cutting that happened at the other end at Coningsby. In many countries that would result in a jail term.
Some of it alas, likely is some with an aviation interest. It is up to the rest of us to report anything we see. For the rest of us it just spoils things.

JohnAAT

Post by JohnAAT » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:17 pm

This not just a problem affecting aircraft spotters and my experience is that the vast majority of us are caring considerate enthusiasts. I also watch railways and ships and the same problem arises. It is a big problem in society as a whole. Any tourist area or picnic site is plagued with rubbish. The dangerous part is when people leave mobile barbecues still alight and cause many serious fires. We just have to do all we can to pick up rubbish left by others. Just think, we are better than them and we want others to realise that.
Kohn

Return to “RAF Coningsby”