Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

13/6/13 Solo Red

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Church Fenton & RAF Topcliffe here
Stuart Green

13/6/13 Solo Red

Post by Stuart Green » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Did anyone else see the solo red arrow in circuit this afternoon, it went round 4 times before it departed when another tuc came into the circuit. I got the shock of my life when I saw it, I was minding my own business driving down the lane when I heard an almighty roar, I was hoping I would finally see a tyhoon or tornado up close on the airfield, I looked right and there it was lifting up to go around again, what a sight. it's a very rare to see a jet go through and for it to be a red is a real bonus, I will cherish this moment when c.fenton shuts at the end of the year. :D :D Does anyone know which Red it was?
Stuart Green

Uniden UBC125XLT with a Watson W-881 aerial

https://www.flickr.com/photos/raptor9872/

1979bree

Re: 13/6/13 Solo Red

Post by 1979bree » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 am

Dont know which it was but it looks like it also did circuits at Leeming that day too.

davski

Post by davski » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:33 am

I saw it - around 1400, departed north. Not the first time I've seen a solo Red Arrows schemed Hawk circuit bashing at Fenton but always nice to see. I thought I saw on FB a short time ago that Red 10 was flying a black Hawk so perhaps nothing more sinister than airframe exchange/rotation with Leeming's Hawks (some folk suggested that the Reds would make an appearance at the YUAS families day - about as likely as the much mooted Vulcan appearance I'd say!).

I have some very poor pictures - I'll root one out later.
Last edited by davski on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

davski

Post by davski » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:55 am

Apologies for the quality but didn't even have time to put my boots on (photographed from garden in socks!).

Return to “RAF Church Fenton & RAF Topcliffe”