Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Re-delivery.

Please post movements and activities to do with BAE Brough here
redfoxy

Re-delivery.

Post by redfoxy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 pm

At approx 13.20 pm a black Hawk took off for Warton followed about 15 mins later by the pilot taxi. Serial number not known as I was too far away. I will update the post if any of the Warton crew saw it land there. Regards Paul.
Edit:- serial as below ,thanks to MCB.
Last edited by redfoxy on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCB

Re: Re-delivery.

Post by MCB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:38 pm

ZK020 t/o 13:16:50.

MCB

zacklaws

Post by zacklaws » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I was just setting up for a few days fishing at one of the ponds at Brough when I heard the engine start up, due to the new flood defences being built I can no longer see the runway so I could not see what was happening. I turned my scanner on to see if I could hear anything but never got nothing and eventually the sound of the engine died away so I presumed it may have been just an engine test and turned the scanner off.

Then unexpectedly, a few minutes later, I heard the engine apply full power and before I could react to get my scanner and camera, the Hawk flew across the end of the pond, heading towards the Humber bridge, banked and turned to the right over the Humber, then reversed its turn to the left for almost a full circle and came back over BAE, waggled its wings, climbed and vanished to the NW.

An odd thing is, I never saw the Pilot's taxi take off and I was there from mid morning Wednesday till today, so I could not have missed it by not being there, unless it took off in the opposite direction, but there again I would have heard it. Strange?

The other odd thing is, I was only thinking that morning, that all the days I have fished at Brough, I have never seen a Hawk take off yet from there.

redfoxy

Post by redfoxy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:59 pm

I saw the pilot taxi flying off in the same direction as the Hawk (to Warton) from my garden, admittedly after it had climbed high enough over a row of trees in my view.
The Hawks only take off one way, away from the factory buildings, but depending on what length it needs to get airborne, the taxi could have gone the other way, and it doesn't make a great deal of noise when airborne. The police flying club aircraft used to go both ways. It is only since this last order that Hawks have taken off ( but not landed ) at Brough, and there is no set pattern to delivery dates.
Regards Paul.

johnhowe

Post by johnhowe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Another reworked Hawk T2 ZK 022 landed at Warton at 12.52pm today Tues 23rd, followed shortly afterwards by the Air Taxi (CO.) Hi Paul I think we posted this at the same time regards Frank.

redfoxy

Post by redfoxy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes I think you are right Frank, we were both typing at the same time. Regards Paul. :lol:

pug

Post by pug » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:30 am

Anyone know what type of aircraft the pilot taxi is?
It is only since this last order that Hawks have taken off ( but not landed ) at Brough
Hawks have landed at Brough before. I seem to remember there were a number of them visiting for the various families days (when the airfield was used) up until the last proper one in 1997. I am aware, however, that the runway is too short for test flying of anything sizeable and that in the good ol' days HoSM was used for that purpose.

Squire of the Gate

Post by Squire of the Gate » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am

pug wrote:Anyone know what type of aircraft the pilot taxi is?
G-BGCO PA44

pug

Post by pug » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks for that, i was told it was a light twin, but the person didnt know type etc. Anyone know when other delivery flights are due in the near future? Would like to get down to Brough and see some movements before they build this road on the runway. :S

redfoxy

Post by redfoxy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Hello pug, yes I know Hawks have landed at Brough before but only for open days and displays, not as part of a contract for re- working and re-delivery as the current Hawks are. Regards Paul.

Return to “BAE Brough”