Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Whats going on at Brough 17,03,10 ?????

Please post movements and activities to do with BAE Brough here
benyboy

Whats going on at Brough 17,03,10 ?????

Post by benyboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I was out walking the dog near Howden this aft. I have seen a Tonka low level, slow but with wings swept, then a Herk low, looked to make turn some where around the North Cave area, then a Tucano making a low level, fast steep turn near Howden and heading back ( I hope it was not the spitano as I only saw a silloete ). All airacraft where over or heading in the direction of Brough. I hope I have not missed the familys day, I cant find a date for it on the web but I think it is in July.

Ben

zacklaws

Re: Whats going on at Brough 17,03,10 ?????

Post by zacklaws » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 am

I fish quite a bit at Brough and find that there can be quite a bit of activity in that area some days. I think most of it though is because it is the transit point for low flying aircraft from Yorkshire into Lincolnshire down the wolds. Some days it can be quite hectic with Tornado's and Tucano's passing low over head.

benyboy

Post by benyboy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Thank you for the reply. It might be worth me finding a good spot in the area, take a book and wait :P

benyboy

Post by benyboy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi all.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would ask here. I have been passing Brough on the train most days in the last few weeks. There seems to be a lot of work going on on the airfield. I guess it could be just be access for work on the river bank but I`m hoping for a runway extension :D Anybody know what they are doing ?

Cheers

Ben

teeonefixer

Post by teeonefixer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:57 pm

It's flood defence work for the whole area (not just the factory), as described on the East Riding County Council website

http://www.eastriding.gov.uk/PublicAcce ... 939/STPLFE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “BAE Brough”