Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lossiemouth viewing guides.

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Lossiemouth here
Mike

Re: Lossiemouth viewing guides.

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:18 am

johnwickenden wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:53 am
Hi guys, question for the locals..... I am going to be up in the area on business in mid May (once lockdown is lifted). What is the situation with viewing from the sea /golf course end? I know, as part of the northside works, the entrance to the track wasn't accessible, they installed a new gate and put a new taller fence in. Can we still access the track alongside the golf course to watch the action?
As far as I know the track is no longer accessible by motor vehicle but you can still walk along it, also the new fence isn't much taller than the old one and doesn't restrict viewing or photography.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

johnwickenden

Post by johnwickenden » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am

Thanks Mike....any idea where the nearest parking is? Sorry...questions after questions after questions.......
Its gonna rain, its gonna rain till the levee breaks, a tidal wave of fear and pain washes us away, another fight into the night until nothing else remains, how do we find harbour from the Hurricane?

www.flickr.com/wickenden1967

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:38 am

johnwickenden wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am
Thanks Mike....any idea where the nearest parking is? Sorry...questions after questions after questions.......
I'll leave that one for the locals to answer!
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Black Mike

Post by Black Mike » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:33 pm

The last time I was there the track was closed off with a gate and there was nowhere to park. Had to park a distance away and walk to the pillbox/track area. It may have changed since then.

frankphurt

Post by frankphurt » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:32 am

johnwickenden wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am
I was up at Lossie a couple of months ago,stayed at a b&b called Links Lodge,opposite the Golf course hq (you can see the base from there)there's plenty of 'road space' for parking, it's approx a 15 mins walk from there.

Squire of the Gate

Post by Squire of the Gate » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:57 pm

You could park on the old cobbled road at the beach end of Runway as normal this week, people entered via the new entrance and the huge tarmaced area, signs gone up this morning saying drain works starting and the tarmaced area will be fenced off and be private(also apologies for inconvenience).

Rob666

Post by Rob666 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:16 pm

Good Afternoon,

I will be up in Dundee and have half day to possibly visit the base, pending the issues with the reduced Typhoon flying, noting the various indications that viewing is more restrictive what is the best place to park for those Lighthouse landing shots and can you get close up's of them taxing?

Kind regards
Rob

Return to “RAF Lossiemouth”