Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RIP John Challis

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Blackcat1

RIP John Challis

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:43 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58617114

RIP Boycie. Thank you for the laughs!

Only Fools & Horses in my opinion was one of the best sitcoms ever thanks to the talented John Sullivan and for the individual unique characters that starred in it.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

paddyboy

Re: RIP John Challis

Post by paddyboy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:59 pm

R.I.P. and thanks for all the laffs, JC :'(
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:58 pm

For some strange reason, never watched an episode. Don't know why...too much to do, so little time.....

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm

:( RIP

seven

Post by seven » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Blackcat1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Only Fools & Horses in my opinion was one of the best sitcoms ever thanks to the talented John Sullivan and for the individual unique characters that starred in it.
I'd agree with that. Certainly the best 'britcom' by far.

Having been brought up along with Only Fools And Horses, he certainly brought a smile to face on more than one occasion. And actually passed him in person on one occasion at the Bath and West show.

The Nags Head in the sky has gained another punter.

#KeepFightingMichael #banthebulls

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:38 pm

seven wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:17 pm
Blackcat1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:43 pm

I'd agree with that. Certainly the best 'britcom' by far.

Having been brought up along with Only Fools And Horses, he certainly brought a smile to face on more than one occasion. And actually passed him in person on one occasion at the Bath and West show.

The Nags Head in the sky has gained another punter.

It certainly has. Trigger, Albert, Grandad, Mike, Sid , now Boycie and the legend John Sullivan.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:38 pm

I took a while to take to it but have to admit I was more Dads army I didnt bother when it came out when I was a lad but found it hilarious in bursts later Didnt really like Fools either.Then son started watching it in days when usually only one tele in house and I thought it was brilliant .What really got me was the way Boycie delivered sneers to Del Boy or Marlene and the different facials he could put on as he replied ..The wannabe snobbery Aubery put on was simply brilliant .I have the full collections of both and would find it hard to choose the best.Both have unbelievable funny scenes.What I find odd is why Jaffa headed off into the green The scripts were fairly rubbish the country yokel bit was overplayed and it wasnt really funny except he kept soldiering along with the droll bits.Like the other cast members he was also in quite a few really good films and series,which shouldnt be forgotten. Trigger as an Admiral????? Not entirely sure all the Del/Boycie exchanges were scripted either.

R I P John. Will be yet another sadly underated star who gave pleasure to millions.

Return to “General Chat”