Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Christmas ads

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Condor68

Christmas ads

Post by Condor68 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Might have missed something but tonight as I type it is the second time tonight I have seen a Christmas advert from a compamy called Studio for Christmas . The usual witches and Guy Fawkes rip offs seem to have been ripped past by the mention of possible shortages for Christmas.This was on Freeview.Surely Guy Fawkes as the only man in history going into Parliament with the right idea should come first. :clap:

mustang5861

Re: Christmas ads

Post by mustang5861 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:30 pm

It's all about how much money the consumer can be persuaded to part with as early as possible, and Christmas offers a much greater chance of doing so than Easter, Halloween and Guy Fawkes combined. Firms are going to keep peddling the 'Project Fear' idea that Christmas this year is going to be ruined by 'shortages' of this, that and everything, knowing full well that people will take note and panic-buy well ahead, thus ensuring that said companies will make a killing. My local Lidl started selling its Christmas confectionary last week, yet there are still noticeable gaps on the shelves were they can't keep their stocks replenished for even the most basic and everyday items, and I daresay the other supermarket chains have their 'seasonal good' aisle(s) already up and running. 'Let them eat Stollen' seems to be the message, but I'd be a lot happier if they had bread for sale.

paddyboy

Re: Christmas ads

Post by paddyboy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:26 am

mustang5861: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very well said :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Return to “General Chat”